More speed cameras for Perth

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Speed cameras don't lower the road toll. They make billions in revenue annually on a national scale.....proof that the system doesn't work in the first place.
I've taken the bastards on twice in South Australia and twice in Victoria....and had the ticket withdrawn each time.

There are veteran cops who know it's a scam. No speed-measuring device is 100% accurate and if the cameras are bad, it's been proven repeatedly that the laser guns are a joke.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
$afety fir$t of course. Putting up speed cameras are like giving the public the middle finger.

And we haven't seen much improvements in terms of safety. Money getting reinvested in more cameras...woo hoo...very business like.

They need to pour money into driver's re-education, provide more driver's training. Address unsafe conditions, and put more $ into infrastructure for cyclists if they want to encourage more people to go peddle power.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
thats easy stay under the limit by 5k's
driver education get a life ...thats near on inpossible ...havenr u ever noticed in peak hr traffic ob freeway everyones traveling at 95/100 k's but u always gey that one boofhead driving like he's daniel riciardello behind his F1 doing 130 im sure u follow me

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I heard a rumor from an RAC roadside dude that the WA government are going to program the speed cameras somehow if the driver slows down ...

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
thats easy stay under the limit by 5k's
driver education get a life ...thats near on inpossible ...havenr u ever noticed in peak hr traffic ob freeway everyones traveling at 95/100 k's but u always gey that one boofhead driving like he's daniel riciardello behind his F1 doing 130 im sure u follow me

There is no need to go below the speed limit, just stick to it like a normal human. :D

Don't you agree, that getting a life is to get educated, be it formal or non-formal. I don't know if i followed you but if i see a bum like that, i guess I would be following your end. :D

Yes peak hour traffic causes some people to knee jerk and drive like a race driver on steroids. People changing lanes without indicating, that's dangerous. I am no mind reader, so if one wants to change lane, indicate, why are people so lazy with that. Then there are the ones indicate while changing lanes at unsafe distance, causing the other car to brake. Then there are the ones who don't want to merge and don't give ways. Strange beings they are.

Oh and only this morning, saw two coppers on bikes looking down the on ramp from scarborough...every single car slowed down, causing a traffic congestion....once passed that point, freeway was free flow...speed limit could be achieved. Then there be the ones who would still sit on 80km/h.

Ranjeeh

Gold Member
Speed cameras don't pick up the brain dead dangerous dickheads or the amphetamine crazed nutters I see every day. Mentality seems to be just put up a camera and claim that you're policing the roads.