Molly Meldrum

Demon

Legend Member
The dangers of ladders. Hope Molly recovers. He was good for Aust music scene.

T

tiffanydoll

I hope he does too :( very sad another bloke fell of yesterday same thing same hospital. Hmmm

W

WRXXXR

I care not for Molly. Didn't think much of him previous to his fall I'm not going to jump on the Molly bandwagon.

Demon

Legend Member
And no-one bar his family and friends care because he is not famous
Yourself excluded Tiff

That is why I said ladders are dangerous.

After Sept 11 (2001), the US Centre for Disease Control (which tracks all deaths for stat purposes) said that more people die every year from falls from ladders than from terrorist attacks.

Where is the 'war on ladders'?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
That is why I said ladders are dangerous.

After Sept 11 (2001), the US Centre for Disease Control (which tracks all deaths for stat purposes) said that more people die every year from falls from ladders than from terrorist attacks.

Where is the 'war on ladders'?

With the boom in diy home improvement this will increase

Demon

Legend Member
With the boom in diy home improvement this will increase

Unfortunately.

Very few tradies use ladders for doing work. Just for getting to a higher place (eg roof or platform). They know the dangers of ladders.

I know a few tradies and they all use platforms of some sort and refuse to work from ladders. Some said that their workplace rules do not allow ladder work except for ascending and descending.

Happy2

Legend Member
Could be, but who chose to buy them?

They play on our Capitalist weaknesses Anyway I have changed my mind When
I came off my ladder and needed a shoulder reco It was Aussie made ladder
If it had been Commo it would of fallen to bits as i fell I would have come down one or two broken rungs at a time not with a solid ladder landing on me instead
I apologise to kim il jong or whatever his name was and his ilk

Demon

Legend Member
They play on our Capitalist weaknesses Anyway I have changed my mind When
I came off my ladder and needed a shoulder reco It was Aussie made ladder
If it had been Commo it would of fallen to bits as i fell I would have come down one or two broken rungs at a time not with a solid ladder landing on me instead
I apologise to kim il jong or whatever his name was and his ilk

Yep, ladders are the problem. I avoid using them except to ascend or descend (then as few times as possible).

Happy2

Legend Member
Yep, ladders are the problem. I avoid using them except to ascend or descend (then as few times as possible).

So if George W Bush & Saddam Hussein had shook hands and burned their
Weapons of mass Ascension We may not of had the mess in the Middle East?

P

Penny

Research proves that a fall from 2m is worse than a fall from 6m as the body has less time to brace itself.

When using a ladder the safe technique is to always maintain 3 points of contact, hence never using a ladder while conducting any form of work. It should be substituted for a work platform or similar.

Also when using a ladder worksafe recommend that it be secured at the top to secure it in place (a rope will do it) and be positioned at a ratio of 1:4 (eg. a ladder 4m long should be at least 1m from the wall)

Ladders should only be used for ascending and descending, when there is no option than to work from the ladder a harness should be used, and then u should hold a current Working At Heights Ticket, lol.

Just some small ladder tips :)

So in conclusion could Molly's accident been avoided... Absolutely!
Do I care any less... Hell No, Its still an imminence blow for all of Australia as one of our national heros lays unresponsive in a hospital. Best wishes Molly, Australia is rooting for u!

Happy2

Legend Member
Research proves that a fall from 2m is worse than a fall from 6m as the body has less time to brace itself.

When using a ladder the safe technique is to always maintain 3 points of contact, hence never using a ladder while conducting any form of work. It should be substituted for a work platform or similar.

Also when using a ladder worksafe recommend that it be secured at the top to secure it in place (a rope will do it) and be positioned at a ratio of 1:4 (eg. a ladder 4m long should be at least 1m from the wall)

Ladders should only be used for ascending and descending, when there is no option than to work from the ladder a harness should be used, and then u should hold a current Working At Heights Ticket, lol.

Do I care any less... Hell No, Its still an imminence blow for all of Australia as one of our national heros lays unresponsive in a hospital. Best wishes Molly, Australia is rooting for u!

Im glad you told me about the difference between falling from 2m compared to 6m Penny
Thank god I was on top of a 6m ladder god knows what damage I would have done if I only fell 2m Would have needed more
than just the shoulder reco;D

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Have any other people on this site been in a Coma? I was in one for 14days and that was 30 odd yrs ago and till this day have no recollection of what happened in those 14days, just woke up one day and thought it was the next day, till i tried to get up and seen all the tubes and things hangin out of me, and i was black and blue from my waist to my thighs, no i didn't fall off a ladder.
Good luck to you Molly, just hope you come out with no permanent brain damage..

happytimes

Diamond Member
So tell me Is really nasty pulling out that catheter?

yeah i made her take it out when i got out of I.C. down to the main ward. Then i could finally have a piss, fuc them things, she kept on saying you shouldn't need to take it out, so i said take it out, bingo strait away i had a piss but this time it wasn't blood, like i pissed all over the cell the pric threw me in.
Long story, so leave it there.

Happy2

Legend Member
yeah i made her take it out when i got out of I.C. down to the main ward. Then i could finally have a piss, fuc them things, she kept on saying you shouldn't need to take it out, so i said take it out, bingo strait away i had a piss but this time it wasn't blood, like i pissed all over the cell the pric threw me in.
Long story, so leave it there.

Sounds as you may of had what the chinese curse you with
"A interesting life"

happytimes

Diamond Member
Sounds as you may of had what the chinese curse you with
"A interesting life"
If it is a curse it has kept me alive 4 times, so i look at it someones watching over me, so long as it stays on the left side it will be ok..

W

WRXXXR

How on earth is he a national hero? Interviewing celebs and being involved in music hardly makes him a national icon.

S

sexycrystal

Oh yes demon , we do love our Aussie icons , and he has been not only the biggest and the best for our Australian music, but also our best supporter , really hope he gets well and pulls through ,

P

Penny

I'm with u crystal, at least he's not like so many other celebs that make us ashamed to be aussies. Molly has had a great life and i've grown up with his input into my musical flavors.

Demon

Legend Member

It is the same ladders in stockings:

Only intended for ascending and descending. Don't do any work on them. :la::la::la:

Happy2

Legend Member
It is the same ladders in stockings:

Only intended for ascending and descending. Don't do any work on them. :la::la::la:

Sorry But I cant agree Demon
To get your fingers into the laddered stocking and slowly rip it off
It was on of my faves Though sadly not so much these days

Demon

Legend Member
Sorry But I cant agree Demon
To get your fingers into the laddered stocking and slowly rip it off
It was on of my faves Though sadly not so much these days

We agree H2. I don't call that work, it is fixing a safety hazard.

It is with pleasure that I make a woman's environment safe like that.

:la::la::la: