Messages Not Getting Through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingingstories

Gold Member
Hey All,

Is anyone else having trouble sending and receiving text messages on their phone. For the last couple of weeks some of my messages have not arrived at their destination (sorry to my friends I told off for ignoring me) and I know of one message my friend sent me that I didn't get and one message that my friend sent me, that arrived on my phone one full week later.

I thought it was my phone playing up, so I changed phones, but it's still happening.

Love
swingingstories

DeeAnn D

Gold Member
No real problem here but I am south of Perth so maybe not so congested. Expect to be a problem Xmas day as I heard that something like 46 million texts will be sent in Australia alone. Sounds unbelievable. Had to confirm that and is true.
http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24836798-15306,00.html

yes have heard that about xmas day and TXT messages , apart from that I haven't had any probs and I am NOR and I have 2 networks that being Telstra and Vodafone

M

MrSlide

I use same two networks as sexypuss & have not had any problems although in past years around the silly season have had issues with Optus which they claimed was just due to excessive demand at peak times. Sheesh 46million texts in a day interesting fact buckland boy but scary at the same time.

S

stormline

hi,i personally havent but have been in touch with a friend who has had the same trouble,maybe xmas overload cant handle the load....

swingingstories

Gold Member
Thanks guys, I'm with optus and we do live in a bit of a dead spot, but still, to completely go missing is weird.

Love
swingingstories

M

Miss Macey

Well Optus are no longer in my good books (wow i sound parental lol)

No probs with xmas demand and the network... but they did block my 2 mobiles from making outgoing calls and sms on friday afternoon for a bill that was 4 days overdue (2 of which were public holidays!!)...the bill was a total of around $100... ah the powertrip they must be on lol

F

freakofftheleash

YEEEES!!! my TELSTRA phone does it... some days i cannot text... no reason. i hate telstra

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
freakofftheleash thats new to me as i have had telstra for around 15 years and i have never had that problem but there was a time when i would get my voice messages 4 to 5 days late . but thats life

F

freakofftheleash

must be karma!! No, but I have had a few problems with Telstra's infrastructure over the years... and in recent months I have had text messaging not work for a period of a few hours, same thing with foxtel.
I dont know why, and Telstra say it could be anything... Just annoying really... I can still make calls when it happens, just not send or recieve texts...

Status
Not open for further replies.