Tania Smiley

*****Admin***** Smiles Are Contagious
Staff member
Gold Member
G'day all from rural Darwin!

Yes you read right! I am now the proud owner of a Crocodylus Porosus Aka a Saltwater Crocodile hatchling🐊

Her name is Bubbles, we are fairly confident, 75% chance, Bubbles is female due to incubation temperatures. Her hatching date was the 12th of March. In the wild hatchlings have a less than 2% chance of survival.

She's absolutely beautiful.
Crocodiles are a fairly common pet here in our Northern Territory. Permits are required and are applied for at no cost. Once she reaches around 60cm we will need to acquire another permit. This should be in around 12 months time.

At present she is in an aquarium that is set up specifically to her needs. Water and air temperature at a constant 32Β°c and red and white uvb lighting.

We are presently building a 2.6 x 1.2 mtr outdoor enclosure for her and will then commence the design and build of a 200sqm enclosure for once she hits a metre. This will be done gradually as the cost of building will be high, mainly the fencing and cement (there is a specific criteria we must adhere to), labour will be done by ourselves.

It was requested that I give Bubbles her own thread here and keep you all up to date.

😎🐊🌴 20240325_004306.jpg 20240321_193621.jpg 20240321_131821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tania Smiley

Staff member
Gold Member
Update on the Beautiful Bubbles.

She is doing very well and has settled in nicely. She is enjoying catching her own guppies and moths and loves sardines and pork.

She's a sassy little star. Can't believe I love a Crocodylus Porosus ❀️🐊 20240401_160828.jpg 😎🌴

Last edited by a moderator:

Arabella Allure

Silver Member
Aw it's absolutely adorable!
Congrats!!

The closest things I have to a pet crock is a crock tail whip/impact toolπŸ˜‚ not much of a companion hahahah but it leaves some pretty beautiful bruises

Tania Smiley

Staff member
Gold Member
Little miss Bubbles was a pig in her past life I swear! She eats so much!

Today Bubbles scoffed 12 big crickets, a moth and 3 guppies.
20240421_220032.jpg