• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Makes me a bad person

TheCock

Legend Member
So I dont really help people. I hear about admin costs so dont drop coins to charities. If I see someone in the streets I walk pass. When I see someone else help like with disabled clients, I feel good seeing someone is doing something about it even though it is not me and I know I wouldnt necessarily help anyway. It feels me with such joy when people give some money to support people and that this still runs in the community. But I wouldnt do it myself.

If I was a millionaire I would help out alot more in many ways.

I know this makes me a bad person but I need the money or just hope someone else does it. Hard to explain. Id help an injured native animal though.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Don't be so hard on yourself.......hmmmm I do give money but I do choose when and to whom and how much. It is a spontaneous decision and depends very much on who is asking. I have to admit I would like to know why you don't drop coins to charities because I do have the same thoughts of "let other people do it" as well.
Honestly.......I don't think holding on to your coins makes you a bad person.

R.xxxxxxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

Not donating doesen't make you a bad person. As for the rest, just remember what goes round comes round. One day you will need help, it happens to us all ...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Sometimes it`s not about money but other things you may be able to do to help.

If I didn`t have to worry about earning an income to support myself I`ld love to be able to take the time and help those more needy.
I used to help in a soup kitchen a little while ago but these days with everything going up in price I need to work more.
I had a friend help in an orphanage in Thailand once and I`ve read about others going to help children and the needy in third world countries , this is something I`ld love to do but financially can`t. Maybe in my next life time I can.

I guess the point I`m trying to get across is that if you can`t donate money then perhaps you can donate some of your time.

J

JasRob

It doesn't mean that you're not helping the less fortunate makes you a bad person. If you have the money but need it for some important matters then that's reasonable enough that you couldn't give to those charities. For myself, I know that there are a lot out there who badly needs help financially but I have my needs as well and have a family to support. If I have enough I do donate a few bucks but when I have nothing I wouldn't.

F

Farm Boy

So I dont really help people. I hear about admin costs so dont drop coins to charities. If I see someone in the streets I walk pass. When I see someone else help like with disabled clients, I feel good seeing someone is doing something about it even though it is not me and I know I wouldnt necessarily help anyway. It feels me with such joy when people give some money to support people and that this still runs in the community. But I wouldnt do it myself.

If I was a millionaire I would help out alot more in many ways.

I know this makes me a bad person but I need the money or just hope someone else does it. Hard to explain. Id help an injured native animal though.

When the farms on fire people come from miles away , and if I see smoke even miles away load up the fire fighter and go.
And thats got not a lot to do with being good Mr Cock, just Self-Preservation .

“Every man's his own friend, my dear," replied Fagin, with his most insinuating grin. "He hasn't as good a one as himself anywhere."
Except sometimes," replied Morris Bolter, assuming the air of a man of the world. "Some people are nobody's enemies but their own, yer know."
Don't believe that!" said the Jew. "When a man's his own enemy, it's only because he's too much his own friend; not because he's careful for everybody but himself. Pooh! Pooh! There ain't such a thing in nature.”
― Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist

Happy2

Legend Member
When the farms on fire people come from miles away , and if I see smoke even miles away load up the fire fighter and go.
And thats got not a lot to do with being good Mr Cock, just Self-Preservation .

But not helping out in such a situation is not being a bad person But it is going to be noted by your colleagues as a selfish persons action
We will still go to his property As you say self preservation But if that same man needs help from others in a unrelated matter People may think twice
As The Foxxy one said What goes around comes around

A

Alecia the Foxx

I will take an example from my own life.

I was driving to Tauranga from Hamilton one day to work and visit family. I discovered when I was approaching the city that there was now a new toll bridge, it cost $1 to cross, and would cut down the length of my trip by about 20mins. Being a greenie, this appealed (saving the environment and all that) and so I attempted to cross it. I had no cash, and their eftpos closed down at 5pm, so I couldn't go through. I was just about to back out, turn round and go the long way, when the toll bridge operator said that the person a few cars ahead of me (long gone by this time) had donated an extra dollar expressing the wish that it be used for someone trying to cross with no cash. So I was able to go through. Now, whenever I cross that toll bridge, I leave an extra dollar to pass on the good karma.

niggygettinjiggy

Foundation Member
Dear Cock,
dude you're not a bad person.

i believe it's easy to be philantropic if you are a million or billionaire... but if you're an ordinary joe, charity freakin begins at home first, once your house is in order then only go and save the world.

Done door knocking before, yeap all money goes to admin costs and that very little of what is collected does any good any way. If you want to sponsor some kid in Africa...why don't you instead donate money to Parkerville Youth or instead to help foster kids in your own backyard instead. Not everyone needs to be another Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

As for passing people in the streets, heck i never give any money if the person isn't disabled... i have respect for people if they try to help themselves first before asking for help. If you got 2 arms, 2 legs and perfectly good brain then go get a job, ANY JOB. Otherwise your bum ass isn't getting my money... i worked for it and they should stop being lazy. If I wanted my money spent on gambling,drugs or alcohol, capable of doing that myself...if they starving... I ask them why have they got a cigarette in hand... or booze by their side...

I'm more cynical than you, maybe that makes me a bad person in people's opinion but I don't care...and similarly why should you?
Nobody can judge you until they walk in your shoes. In meantime, why you guilt trippin?

I sleep like a baby knowing as long as I tried each day to make as much as I can for my family and myself, I'm happy.
If one day I make it really rich then you'll see my name on buildings and at charity functions...
until then I just stay in my lane and appreciate it when people stay in theirs.

Hope this helps your moral dilemma.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
In lessons taught to me by many sources in different forms, that what one puts out there will be reflected via the experience that one manifests. And and many times over these have become my own experiences.

The intention of giving backed up by the act of giving is not limited to the rich. While the richest can build schools and give millions, the rest can do the same relative to their own availability of resources.
Be it:

- $10 or $2 where needed.
- A starving family may sacrafice a sip of water to a dying person.
- A busy executive may give up 5 minutes of his time to hear a friend out who is distressed.

Through giving relative to what I have at the time, I have certainly attracted acts of kindness when I least expected. The most memorable was when I was stuck without my wallet and an empty tank on a hill. A lady stopped and askede what's wrong and ended up lending me $20 and trusted me to return it. Which I did.

It seems the universe recognizes intentions and actions. But is less focused on volume in this context.

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes Yoda who is the more generous person the Billionaire who gives a million to Salvo's or the pensioner who gives up his time to work
in the soup kitchen

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Yes Yoda who is the more generous person the Billionaire who gives a million to Salvo's or the pensioner who gives up his time to work
in the soup kitchen

I agree.....

Yet both are generous as they both acted on the good intention :)

Happy2

Legend Member
I agree with you Yoda I think its just that one gets feted the second is the unsung hero
Not saying billionaire was after headlines But the press are always going to run with that
story over what the man in the street does for charity

A w/l gives half her weeks earning to a charity a snippet in the middle of the paper
A MP trying to destroy that same ladies income and way of life gives half his wage to charity front or second page

It just seems skewed towards the more powerful in society

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I agree with you Yoda I think its just that one gets feted the second is the unsung hero
Not saying billionaire was after headlines But the press are always going to run with that
story over what the man in the street does for charity

A w/l gives half her weeks earning to a charity a snippet in the middle of the paper
A MP trying to destroy that same ladies income and way of life gives half his wage to charity front or second page

It just seems skewed towards the more powerful in society

I agree……
The spotlight has a tendancy to be beamed onto certain individuals by those who have a vested interest in the media.
Like you said though, those who are making the contributions whether billionaire or not are still acting on good intention J

Buzz

Foundation Member
sometimes i wonder where the yang is at. ive given all the ying, recently helped a friend out with about $5k which I couldnt afford. said he woudl be paying it back this week. well the week has almost gone and no sign of him. Then a business screw up by a shipping company cost me heaps and tuesday night my car gets broken into and my laptop taken.
If only I hadnt helped out.

Happy2

Legend Member
That's the problem Buzz there are two worldwide philosophies
What goes around comes around &
Shit Happens

There are times when I think the second one rules the world