• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Life working in Kings Cross

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Mind you, it's Channel 9 which does have a reputation for sensationalism. Still quite sobering though. Mary Anne, what was life like as a street worker when you started out? I vaguely recall reading an interview where you said that's how you started out but that was in England?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
You have me confused I have never worked on the streets... I did go to the cross and watch the ladies ply there trade a few times in the late 70's.

MikeB

Legend Member
Had a mate who years ago loved to stir people up by telling them he managed "Hookers at the Cross":rolleyes: -

He was actually the manager of LJ Hookers, what a difference just 2 little letters can make....:D Sure ur not interested in his working life..... :cool: although as you might expect, he did have some weird/wonderful/interesting stories about some of the properties he was managing.....

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
You have me confused I have never worked on the streets... I did go to the cross and watch the ladies ply there trade a few times in the late 70's.

You're right Mary Anne, I've confused you with MaryAnne your PA (not sure if she still is) in this thread. I'd edit out but again for some reason I can't edit my original post.

Here's the thread which confused me

http://www.talkinsex.com/threads/memory-s.4489/