Is your work a secret?

WranSlayer

Bronze Member
I was wondering if any WLs keep their work secret from friends and family. How about husbands and boyfriends? Do they know and what do they think about their partner shagging other men?

C

Courtney

Yes, I keep my WL a complete secret from everyone I know - even my bestest friend (whom we tell each other everything!)
It's very hard mentally to keep two different lives. I am not sure how they would react if I told them.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Yes, I keep my WL a complete secret from everyone I know - even my bestest friend (whom we tell each other everything!)
It's very hard mentally to keep two different lives. I am not sure how they would react if I told them.
Same Carrie....totally agree. I only want to add that I think I know how my friends would react...........

A

AlexandraSilk

There are people in my life who know that I am a sex worker. Though there are many more people who think I earn my living via another means. Those who know are people who are able to separate me from my role. They understand what I do is just a job; it doesn't determine who I am.

Luckily my family are very understanding and as much as I know they would prefer I used my degree to earn an income they accept what I do. My parents have commented once or twice a
"It's an honest living". Though my Dad is never quite sure whether Prostitute jokes are acceptable around me. I encourage him to share his dirty jokes and giggle when the punch lunch is delivered.

My family never ask about work. Come to think about it, neither do my friends. Though I rarely choose to share stories. There are so many occasions when I wish I could proudly say "I am a sex worker" as I feel it is an honorable profession. Unfortunately society doesn't share my view, so it is to a very small circle I disclose my true occupation.

C

colbb123

It must be frustrating to hold back on sharing on the interesting and funny stories. Ha, not sure if that was a question or a statement lol - oh well.

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, one day, when all the purse-lipped God-bothering wowsers have been put in their rightful place on the lunatic fringes of society, along with smokers and those neanderthals who believe beating their wives is o.k., maybe then you working ladies will be accepted as ordinary "workers".

Probably not in my lifetime but possibly in my Grandson's.

Fudd

Foundation Member
.....when all the purse-lipped God-bothering wowsers have been put in their rightful place on the lunatic fringes of society, along with smokers and those neanderthals who believe beating their wives is o.k.....

....so, Sven, as I'm a smoker you consider me to be part of the lunatic fringe of society along with wife beaters & religious zealots......thanks a lot mate!!!!

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
....so, Sven, as I'm a smoker you consider me to be part of the lunatic fringe of society along with wife beaters & religious zealots......thanks a lot mate!!!!

Fudd.......you forgot to mention the Neanderthals ;)

R.xxxxxxxxx

P

Professor

Shhhhhh...... it's a secret, can't tell

Sorry, it was just there and i had to say it!

svengali

Foundation Member

Yep, sorry, but anyone silly enough to smoke in the light of all the information now available about it definitely is on the lunatic fringe of society. However, so long as you are not a religious nutter or a wife beater you may take one step away from the edge.:)

J

Jessica

Well...if the "husband or boyfriend" cant shell out 5-6 grand a week ...then he doesn't deserve that status of "husband" or "boyfriend" . I would like to add.....being a working lady does NOT define WHO you are as a person..it is something that we "do" ...to use our body as a tool as a means to an end...the means of survival (for most) for some- giving our children a better life. It takes a lot of strength and a strong spirit to be able to "work". There are other rewards too...like the interesting people you meet and the amazing information you can become privvy to. Being a working lady puts you in a great position of trust. Sometimes you are counsellor - friend and shoulder to cry on for lonely hurting people who may be battling with a hard time and have no one else to turn to - without feeling judged and condemned. ( this says a lot ) I would shout it to the world ...what i do for a job the shame did not belong to me - the shame belongs to those who dissapprove yet would not or could not offer me a better solution. They have no right !!! On the other hand - I have never had a relationship when I was working. I have always done one or the other.