• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

I went test driving and in love

sircurious

Legend Member
Still not convinced on fully electric vehicles as the infrastructure still isn't in place for recharging in country towns etc if you wanted to go to Albany etc. Battery range of most electric vehicles won't cover that distance and the manufacturers stated distance is also when the airconditioner etc isn't running. The UK which is much smaller than WA has better infrastructure, but I remember seeing an episode of Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond were driving petrol cars and James May deciding to be environmentally friendly was driving an EV. During the challenge they stopped for petrol (for Clarkson/Hammond) - they got out of the petrol station in a matter of minutes. May who only had his car on half charge - had to stay at the petrol station for a further 60 minutes to fully charge and thus turn up very late to finish the challenge.

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
The RAC is doing a great job making more accessible charging stations available around the state.

The Nullarbor is covered now.

When I went on a holiday through the southwest and Albany last year I saw quite adequate charging facilities. Just need to plan your trip.

No doubt tourist parks will cater more for electric cars in the future.

D

Deleted member 49173

if anyone remembers the story of "Blood Diamonds" then you'll be pleased to know that it is repeating itself all over again with mining of metals for batteries. And as an aside , you might like to checkout who owns or controls the majority of these metals deposits and mines .. yes R.o.China.

I'm not against ROC per se` , but IMO we are being deceived about the actual full-life-cycle benefits ( cost actually ) of this battery world future and how it will see a trillionormous amount of $$$ go directly to ROC coffers.
Do they have ZERO EMISSIONS in the suburbs ? YES
Do they have ZERO EMISSIONS as a vehicle ? NO DEF NO
It's just that all the emissions are dumped into the atmosphere in mining and manufacturing instead , so the showroom looks clean.
And who has ANY idea what will happen to all the old batteries ??? You think worn out tyres are a problem ?? You aint seen nothing yet ..

Am I saying diesel fired V8s are good ?? Not at all , but Hydrogen ? thats a chemical net-zero process in itself .. just gotta make the Hydrogen ..

On a plus .. buying a Red car is a def indicator of high sex drive .. Yes ?? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ps, I'm home , bored , Rona19 isolation , using up my 42,000 words for the day .. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Still not convinced on fully electric vehicles as the infrastructure still isn't in place for recharging in country towns etc if you wanted to go to Albany etc. Battery range of most electric vehicles won't cover that distance and the manufacturers stated distance is also when the airconditioner etc isn't running. The UK which is much smaller than WA has better infrastructure, but I remember seeing an episode of Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond were driving petrol cars and James May deciding to be environmentally friendly was driving an EV. During the challenge they stopped for petrol (for Clarkson/Hammond) - they got out of the petrol station in a matter of minutes. May who only had his car on half charge - had to stay at the petrol station for a further 60 minutes to fully charge and thus turn up very late to finish the challenge.

There are 2 Tesla Destination Charger and one Chargefox Station in Merredin and consider that the shire is home to the Collgar Wind Farm AT 222MW and the Merredin Solar Farm at 100 MW there is plenty of power to charge up two or three EV's in this SMALL country town.

Last edited:

JLX

Gold Member
if anyone remembers the story of "Blood Diamonds" then you'll be pleased to know that it is repeating itself all over again with mining of metals for batteries. And as an aside , you might like to checkout who owns or controls the majority of these metals deposits and mines .. yes R.o.China.

I'm not against ROC per se` , but IMO we are being deceived about the actual full-life-cycle benefits ( cost actually ) of this battery world future and how it will see a trillionormous amount of $$$ go directly to ROC coffers.
It's just that all the emissions are dumped into the atmosphere in mining and manufacturing instead , so the showroom looks clean.
And who has ANY idea what will happen to all the old batteries ??? You think worn out tyres are a problem ?? You aint seen nothing yet ..

Am I saying diesel fired V8s are good ?? Not at all , but Hydrogen ? thats a chemical net-zero process in itself .. just gotta make the Hydrogen ..

On a plus .. buying a Red car is a def indicator of high sex drive .. Yes ?? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ps, I'm home , bored , Rona19 isolation , using up my 42,000 words for the day .. haha

ROC generally represents Taiwan. People's Republic of China is what I think you mean here. :)

No idea what to do

Legend Member
I'm thinking that it would be a gr8 purchase, But dispose of it between 3 and 4 year's because I have a vision that the electrical replacement components will possibly cost a fortune.

My Opinion, But research is the key factor
Good Luck Maryanne.

๐Ÿ˜˜The Frenchman ๐Ÿฅ

LongHair

Legend Member

Yeah well Hydrogen is not the green saviour that it is made out to be, most Hydrogen is manufactured via a process of electrolysis, which involves channeling an electric current through water. Not all hydrogen is created equally, In January 2022, Australia exported liquefied hydrogen overseas.
But while this was hailed as an important moment in Australiaโ€™s energy transition, the hydrogen was produced with polluting coal.