Humble pie...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
No matter if it`s discussing the cricket, what W/L to see or even what to eat for dinner, in your day to day life do you always have to have the last word??
Even if you know that you are 200% correct do you let the other person feel as if they know better or do you have to have the final word in any conversation??

Sherry

Legend Member
Only if I know I'm absolutely right-I love my iphone because i can google anything to settle a debate. But not if it's just general stuff-I hate when people have to always get the last word in. Very rude and totally annoying.

Happy2

Legend Member
Only if I know I'm absolutely right-I love my iphone because i can google anything to settle a debate. But not if it's just general stuff-I hate when people have to always get the last word in. Very rude and totally annoying.

i phones are good but should be banned from Pub discussions
Men in pubs talk S*** and Pussy We can rabbit on about a question
based on say a Bond movie for hours But now there is one person in the group pulls out his i-phone googles the question Plonks down his phone with the question answered and things go silent He has killed off the chatter

And BB what happened to 00chimp your new avatar eat him?

J

JasRob

I hate arguments especially with my gf. Its kinda annoying and irritating. I just walk out and forget the shit..I usually give up because I think if I would debate and stand for my words, it will never end. and it would definitely end up a fight.

C

colbb123

timing timing ....listen listen then more bloody listening....acknowledge...paraphrase...leave it there for the time being if you have the strength....then later when you are 1000% sure you are right and it's important enough....have another try:)

S

Saige

I have actually being having this discussion with a friend of mine....I have learnt through those dicussions, that even if your right sometimes its better just to shut up knowing that you are correct ad the winner!! Ok well I havent quite mastered it yet, I tired it ONCE and yes it worked...but sometimes I would just prefer to keep debating...BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS RIGHT:laughing4...when will they learn???

Last edited by a moderator:
C

colbb123

I have actually being having this discussion with a friend of mine....I have learnt also, that even if your right sometimes its better just to shut up knowing that you are correct and shut up....ok well I havent quite mastered it yet. I tired it ONCE and yes it worked...nbut sometimes I would justb prefer to keep debating...BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS RIGHT:laughing4

I'm always right too....(poor poor little Colbb man ego, everything will be just fine) - Heh!

S

Saige

hmmm....looks like we may need to cutg that humble pie...and eat cream pie Colbb!!

ps..thanks for your good deed...I mean deeds this morning :laughing4

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Got better with age :).........I have to admit that I used to have the annoying habit of "need to have the last word addiction" especially when it came to certain topics.
Now older and wiser.......ability to choose your fights, have temper under control.......it is good to be able to let things go.:notworthy

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

T

Tania Admin

Depends on the temperment and the mood of the person in question, I am always up for a good debate and like Sherry love Google to help me prove a point,,,but sometimes it's easier to just let it slide :)