How is the morning-after pill taken?

B

beahealthyperson

The morning-after pill must be taken within 72 hours of having unprotected intercourse; for maximum effectiveness, however, it should be taken within the first 12-24 hours. Normally you are given two pills which are to be taken immediately and two to be taken 12 hours later. If you experience vomiting within 2 hours of taking the pills, then two more pills should be taken. It may be a good idea to take an anti-nausea drug before taking the pills. You can buy birth control pills through online pharmacy. Specially you no need prescriptions. :walk:

J

jst4fun

Also important to note, a higher dose may be required for those on other medications. So speak to the pharmacist.

S

sexguidance

The pill is either administered on a 28-day or 21-day cycle. The 28-day pill is given for each day of the period, 7 of which are really just ‘filler’ pills (placebos) containing no hormones. The purpose of these placebos is to ensure the woman is maintaining the correct schedule of doses. In the 21-day pack, there are 7 days a month in which you do not take a pill, and the woman must remember to resume the dose schedule after the 7 day break. In the last week of the dose schedule there are no hormones ingested, allowing a menstruation which is usually lighter, shorter and less painful than normal. If the pill is going to become an effective birth control method for you then it must become part of your daily routine. One major attribute of the pill is that it is nearly 100% effective when used properly. Real effectiveness is actually about 92-95% due to misuse. You can see your doctor for birth control . :walk:

ps this thread has been edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
I wonder if this is just an excuse for advertising.

Sometimes I wish we had an editor to cut certain bits off.
:walk:

CathyDomme

Gold Member
Yeppers its just spam... oh and the one piece of advice missing in the OP is that "the pill" is only available through prescription in Australia. Your doctor should be able to fill you in on all the other details......

Last edited:
B

beahealthyperson55

Oooops, sorry. I need to do more research before posting. Sorry for incomplete information.

E

ethan1066

i found this article a good help for those who are not aware of this thing but i have some doubt over the reliability of this...