How far would you go to save your pet?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
How far would you go to save your pet, even at the risk of putting your own at risk? You hear alot of stories, where people have run back into a burning house to retrieve pets.

I'm sure there are alot of pet lovers on this forum, who treat their pets as one of the family.

Well..

"A Californian hiker thought he was going to die after getting stuck on a cliff face he descended to save his falling dog"

US man gets stuck on cliff saving dog

F

Farm Boy

A girl died in a fire at Brookton trying to save her horse's ( about 6years ago)

Happy2

Legend Member
Human life is number one If a pets life can be saved without really endangering your life some else's or worse the emergency workers who have to come to your aid In the aftermath. then fair enough

W

WRXXXR

There are thousands of pet owners who would, without doubt risk their life to save their loved one.

All well and good (not really) to have a dog which sits outside and doesn't get much attention but for some of us, pets are a massive part of our lives. We genuinely love them. That's why people will spend 10k on cancer treatment when their 9yo lab gets cancer.

Would I endanger my life to save my german shepherd? Absolutely.

asianguy77

Diamond Member
There are thousands of pet owners who would, without doubt risk their life to save their loved one.

All well and good (not really) to have a dog which sits outside and doesn't get much attention but for some of us, pets are a massive part of our lives. We genuinely love them. That's why people will spend 10k on cancer treatment when their 9yo lab gets cancer.

You're not the guy in the news, I was referring to? The one who saved his German Shepherd falling off a cliff? ::)

Happy2

Legend Member

I know I have cut out half your post/quote but What about endangering other people trying to save your dog. Firies cops ambo's must dread having to put their lives at risk because some-one takes extraordinary risks for a pet.
Dont get me wrong I am pretty close with my working dogs and a lot closer to the house dog And I would try my damndest to save them But For ME their has to be a line

asianguy77

Diamond Member
I know I have cut out half your post/quote but What about endangering other people trying to save your dog. Firies cops ambo's must dread having to put their lives at risk because some-one takes extraordinary risks for a pet.
Dont get me wrong I am pretty close with my working dogs and a lot closer to the house dog And I would try my damndest to save them But For ME their has to be a line

So I guess no rushing into a burning house for you..or where is your line? :) Lucky or unlucky for me, I don't have pets currently so don't have to make that hard decision.

Happy2

Legend Member
So I guess no rushing into a burning house for you..or where is your line? :) Lucky or unlucky for me, I don't have pets currently so don't have to make that hard decision.

Hey asianguy I have no pets But the wife does So I may end up in that house yet
The line for me is a person before a pet I mean the wife and/or kids are in that house they come out then hopefully the dog
Unless it was gramps old flame tail. Bugger him, the vicious sod!! If he came out and no-one was watching I'd throw him back lol

W

WRXXXR

Nah that wasn't me on the news :p

Don't get me wrong H2, if I genuinely thought I was at serious risk of death or my dog had died (Ie a bush fire) I would steer clear but I guess it's not that much different to kids. If I think there's something I can do, I will.

F

Farm Boy

Yep were all Keyboard heroes but when the flames are licking Iwillbe splitting .

W

WRXXXR

A real pet lover wouldnt need to run back into the house because they woulda grabbed the animal on the way out!

F

Farm Boy

What? With Farmgirl still in the house?

The one person of who actually did die ( that I can recall ) trying to save a pet did so on a hot day in the open it was a big grass / bush fire .

You like me have fought Fires H2 and when there close big and fast the old Honda Finsbury lack's a bit of range ( about 300 meters more would be good)

G

Ghost Protocol

a "pet" is pinoy slang for penis .. when i read the thread title , it made me laugh..

will always save my penis especially from a burning building ... hahahaha

reminds me of that song "detachable penis"
peace
j

Happy2

Legend Member
a "pet" is pinoy slang for penis .. when i read the thread title , it made me laugh..

will always save my penis . hahahaha
peace
j

I guess we have all read of that man in the US who cut his arm off with a
penknife to save his life So who is going to be the first to cut off his "pet"
to save his life?
Gotta be physically easier than cutting off a arm

F

Farm Boy

I guess we have all read of that man in the US who cut his arm off with a
penknife to save his life So who is going to be the first to cut off his "pet"
to save his life?
Gotta be physically easier than cutting off a arm

Speak for yourself H2 I would have to use a Husqvana14'' Diamond Chain Petrol Saw

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
What a turn for the thread... LOL

But as far as my pets are concerned, I would do ANYTHING I could possibly do to save my dog or cats. Thankfully cats generally dont need saving, haha.
My Labrador though, I would give anything for that dog. When I was broke, she was still eating everynight even when somedays I was going without.
The way I see it, we brought the animals into our lives, why should they be treated any less than any other animal (human)!!!

5truck

I would do whatever I could to save my dog if the dire situation arose.

A

Alecia the Foxx

I would run into a burning house to save my pet, because if I didn't, and the pet died, I would torture myself for the rest of my life with visions of him burning to death while I sat outside in safety and watched it happen. I would rather be dead myself than go through that. So - a no-brainer for me.

natalia

Bronze Member
+1 i love my dogsy and i would also run in and try to save him just as Alica said ..
Just look at all the people when there have been catastrophes who wont leave their pets and be rescued as they cant take them with them ;-(

S

shepherd

A real pet lover wouldnt need to run back into the house because they woulda grabbed the animal on the way out!

yeah would of been 2nd nature to them,
or wouldn't of left the house until they got there loved pet back

A

Alecia the Foxx

Not necessarily.

A parent might get their children out first, and then go back in for the pet. A friend of mine drove up his driveway to find his house burning down, went inside, but it was too late for the pets. I drove up my driveway once, and there was smoke pouring out all the windows. My dishwasher had blown up. The rest of the place was fine, and all my pets were outside, UNDER the house. :eek:ccasion14