How do we stop illegal immigration?

D

Driver Harry

A big Makita drill and bit, pull up along side and drill a few holes, these are economic refo's not wartime.

Naio

Ms
Silver Member
Contrarian ....

1. Desperate for a better economic life not for their own life is what I am saying....are they truly seeking asylum for fear of death or for wanting a better life? I don't see why our government cannot support these countries through providing the billions of dollars they spend now into a political system free of corruption so their economic life can be better where they are.

2. Having worked for JSA's for 3 years I have come across numerous refugee's (and others) who do not want to work......soccer is apparently how they will support themselves....I have also previously worked in community services for 15 years and calculated household after household who was getting centrelink payments plus subsidised rent because on their papers they are classified as brother and sister or aunt and uncle or cousins however in fact they are partners.....I can confirm this.....I also know that many are not the age they actually are and have not come with their parents they have been shipped off with other people pretending to be their guardians....so once they get here they can then get their own parents over. As for settling in, being of Italian decent myself, I know for sure the majority of the Italians were brought over as skilled labourers ...many in the east were here to work on the snowy mountain water ways...in fact when my grandparents came, they lived in a tin shed with no running water or electricity for years until they brought farming.......no handouts there....I live in the Mirrabooka region...all I hear is complaints about police, racism , unfairness...not often do I see people want to work hard to get to where they want to be...excuse after excuse......

3. The problem with this is who is coming into our community? and no wonder our community services are feeling the strain and our rental market has exploded......these are all flow on effects....

4. Yes, how is this frustrating? having worked in refuges and community services for 15 years ...I seen just about everything imaginable....I have seen people come into the refuge system who have not had domestic violence...stay for 2 or 3 weeks collect payments, free clothing and food, go and sell at the markets to raise funds for this....yet a place is taken from someone who is in desperate need. I have seen vouchers for food, clothing, rent given out because people have said they are struggling , yet a couple of months later..the whole family is here......yet another family who is really struggling...sorry we have gone over our budget...cant help......it makes me wild.

As for the comment in regards to refugees being white......I could not give two sh*&s what colour they are. What I care about is whether they are legitimate...that they participate in Australian life, respect our laws and become functioning citizens in our society...and understand that not everything is given on a platter, services are not to be used to their gain....and also that the Australians here are given a fair go in their time of need also...