hover car

svengali

Foundation Member
I wonder how it would handle the crosswinds on the freeway when the "Doctor" is blowing? Also I would hate to be involved in a prang in one. It looks to have all the occupant protection of your average bicycle.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I guess when the "doctor" hits, you will experience severe turbulence, then it's time to light up the fasten seatbelt sign, and pray you will end up in one piece.

svengali

Foundation Member
Actually, I wonder if this whole thing is a hoax. The claim that it "uses no fuel" seems distinctly sus. If the thing moves at all there must be some energy used which, so my high school physics teacher told me, cannot be produced from nowhere?? Or is it like the early Daleks which could only travel over metal surfaces?

T

Tania Admin

Actually, I wonder if this whole thing is a hoax. The claim that it "uses no fuel" seems distinctly sus. If the thing moves at all there must be some energy used which, so my high school physics teacher told me, cannot be produced from nowhere?? Or is it like the early Daleks which could only travel over metal surfaces?

Maybe it is propelled and actually hovers due to flatulance lol

Its beans and eggs for breakfast for all passengers onboard

:laughing4

W

WRXXXR

It'll be similar to cars like the Teslas. Battery Electric Vechicles. Still uses "fuel" just not in the traditional sense. Plug it in to power every night and fully charged the next day.

Looks pretty similar to a couple of trendy looking "rain riders" being driven around my area by trendy looking 30 something's.

N

Naughty Thoughts

I'm with Svengali - I'd say it's either a hoax or a "pie in the sky" idea the manufacturers are kicking around.

It definitely can't work as described, because if it is using electro magnets then it requires a ferrous material under it (ie steel). There are those mag-lev trains around which are frictionless (except for with the air) since they hover over the track. But they are hideously expensive. I recall the track being quoted at around $1 million per kilometre. Great for small cities, but you'd never get it up to speed on short tracks.

For a vehicle like this, once you overcome the problem of getting it off the ground, the next issue then becomes backwash and inertia. If you are using fans to push air and move the vehicle forward, then that's going to annoy vehicles (and pedestrians) behind you. And if you are doing it that way, then trying to stop become a bigger issue. Ever see a hovercraft try and stop? Or even just change direction?

Pretty cool concept, but you'd need to change physics a few times to make it work. :(