M

Miss Holly

Is there a certain trait or habit that you simply can't overlook in partner (or potential partner), despite all of their redeeming qualities? I'd love to hear about the one thing that turns you off -- aka. the "deal breaker" -- regardless of how petty.

Personally, I couldn't consider a relationship with somebody who condones animal cruelty. This includes any man or woman who works in the meat industry, hunts for leisure, or even kills spiders in my house! Grr. :nono:

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- I will not support Drugies, I am talking about people with serious illegal/legal drug addiction, even if I knew a particular W/L has a habbit, I would not see them. I also would not support anyone with a gambling issue.
Cheers and Pass the Rum
Off course I have my own addiction;---Rum

Happy2

Legend Member
Dont worry Holly all the sheepies on my property are NOT sent to a Slaughterhouse But to a lovely retirement paddock Where the grass is for ever green and they are tended to by vestal vegetarians

P

Perth boy

Don't mean to sound fussy but a few for me would are

Someone with depression.
Someone with a drinking problem.
A smoker
Young naughty children. I love kids but I've done my bit.
Someone that is affectionate and loving.
Someone larger than me.

P

Perth boy

Dont worry Holly all the sheepies on my property are NOT sent to a Slaughterhouse But to a lovely retirement paddock Where the grass is for ever green and they are tended to by vestal vegetarians

And those lucky few that get to stay in your room H2

Dallas

Legend Member
For me it's how my partner deals with stress. I deal with stress through being intimate with my partner - doesn't have to be sex although sometimes it's really necessary but holding and talking are most important.

My ex dealt with it by offloading it on to me and then wanting to be on her own. She also didn't want to be intimate with me when I was stressed therefore I was left without my stress relief while she spent time on her own, so dealing with stress in a mutually compatible way is extremely important to me in a relationship.

PS I'm with you on the animal cruelty Holly, I get really annoyed with people in my town because they wave sticks at swooping magpies during spring or even want them killed or taken from their families. I've spent years becoming friends with mine, they never swoop me, they bring me their babies to meet me during the spring, they land on my arm and I feed them seeds. They only swoop because somebody has been mean to them at some point and they just need to learn to trust again.

L

Langtrees.com

Drug use.
I cannot ever be ok with someone that does drugs.
And poor personal hygiene. *shudder*

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
Having a wee giggle here.Recently I tried a dating site and made arrangements to meet a gentleman at a local coffee shop.
To be honest I was a little excited. It didn't start well he was 20 mins late (pet hate) and silly as this sounds his pants hung off him. Bout 2 sizes too big so I assume either his mother does his shopping or he just makes a guess off the rack.
I love a man that fits his pants and does his own shopping xx

BigMike

Gold Member
All the usual ones. Funny animal cruelty should be mentioned; last date (daytime) I went on we were walking on the beach and came across this tiny crab. I said "aw look at him". She stepped on it. She kind of laughed as she did it. Deal breaker. Last I saw of her.

Got lots of deal breakers. May explain why I'm single :)
Can't be dealing with smokers, drug users, alcoholics, sad cases, gym junkies, health food fanatics, loud chicks, girls that do the duck-face in every pic, religious (fanatical or moderate). Also can't be dealing with anyone that's 'high on life' all of the time, I find it tiresome to be around people that are sickeningly enthusiastic 100% of the time. I guess the World needs 'em? But I don't.
I've been on dating sites before and tended to skip past the profiles that said "do magizines count, hehe?" under the reading section. Also avoided any women that listed "How I Met Your Mother" as their favourite TV show. Fuck that show. It's terrible.

delta.starr

Mature, Sensational, Entertaining Courtesan
Diamond Member
Completely understand why you are single, BIG MIKE!
(and that's ok too!)​

F

Farm Boy

All the usual ones. Funny animal cruelty should be mentioned; last date (daytime) I went on we were walking on the beach and came across this tiny crab. I said "aw look at him". She stepped on it. She kind of laughed as she did it. Deal breaker. Last I saw of her.

Got lots of deal breakers. May explain why I'm single :)
Can't be dealing with smokers, drug users, alcoholics, sad cases, gym junkies, health food fanatics, loud chicks, girls that do the duck-face in every pic, religious (fanatical or moderate). Also can't be dealing with anyone that's 'high on life' all of the time, I find it tiresome to be around people that are sickeningly enthusiastic 100% of the time. I guess the World needs 'em? But I don't.
I've been on dating sites before and tended to skip past the profiles that said "do magizines count, hehe?" under the reading section. Also avoided any women that listed "How I Met Your Mother" as their favourite TV show. Fuck that show. It's terrible.

Thats right Mike our potential new girlfriends should be prepared to live and let live with tiny crabs

Happy2

Legend Member
I am on the girlfriends side FB I am sure if I had a crab running around I would try and squish between my thumbnails

F

Farm Boy

But H2 Big Mike's New Lady ended its the little critters life with her stiletto its just not right.

Langtrres VIP Perth 4

Silver Member
I'm a smoker....wont really smoke to much in public these days but I would not go out with a Male Smoker...Wired yes but I would rather just not smoke around them

P

Perth boy

I'm a smoker....wont really smoke to much in public these days but I would not go out with a Male Smoker...Wired yes but I would rather just not smoke around them

Cayla the problem with a smoker is that even if you haven't had one all day some people can still taste it when you kiss them. Not to mention the smell in your cloths etc.
some people don't smell it but others like me pick it up.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- You guys are really sensitive, I would go out with a smoker, I would go out if the person luvs to have a drink or two, I would kiss a woman while she smoked a cigar and had a glass of rum in her hand, the youth of today start smoking weed really early in age and keep going to they hit there 30ies.
In my day, going to a pub full of smoke and having a few beers with a couple of friends while listening to the local garage band in the corner was consider the Aussie way and if it was your local, yes you would bump into a neighbor or two. If you got lucky you would walk out the door with a lovely lady that had a couple drinks in her, if you got even more luckier you got free sex.
I have just realised the good old days;- Where really the Good old days

Cayla the problem with a smoker is that even if you haven't had one all day some people can still taste it when you kiss them. Not to mention the smell in your cloths etc.
some people don't smell it but others like me pick it up.

Dallas

Legend Member
I'm with you HP, as much as I'm allergic to smoke, I can't say I have a problem these days with the smell or taste on a lady, it's noticeable but that's all. I actually find strong perfume much more intolerable - when I'm in the office at work, some ladies reek of it and it makes me think how lucky we are that the ladies we see only apply it very subtly if at all.

W

wr3xr

Nothing worse than getting skunked hey Dal!!

I'd never date a smoker and clingyness / insecurity / jealousy have all seen an end to various relationships over the years.

Basically a crossfit girl is a girl for me :D

Happy2

Legend Member
I'm with you HP, as much as I'm allergic to smoke, I can't say I have a problem these days with the smell or taste on a lady, it's noticeable but that's all. I actually find strong perfume much more intolerable - when I'm in the office at work, some ladies reek of it and it makes me think how lucky we are that the ladies we see only apply it very subtly if at all.

I am with you Dallas and Magoc an overload of perfume is shocking I have always hated the line less is more But in the case of perfume I think its right
And girls who smoke and wear to much perfume are at risk of igniting

Pixie O'Malley

Gold Member
Lol you guys make me laugh!

Pet hates of mine? Someone who makes the relationship allllll about them. Where their schedule, their emotional needs, their career, their finances, their home, their everything comes before yours. It's very old school and goes back to the assumption that the woman's life should always be subject to the man's whims.

Silly.

xx P

M

Miss Holly

I would kiss a woman while she smoked a cigar and had a glass of rum in her hand,

Bit of a tangent here - but does anybody find smoking to be sexy? I'm not a smoker myself, but I don't mind if my partner does. If anything, it's a turn-on when my boyfriend is shirtless, enjoying a cigarette on the balcony or as he leans up against his car.

I've been on dating sites before and tended to skip past the profiles that said "do magizines count, hehe?" under the reading section.

Agree, agree, agree. I try to subscribe to John Waters' quote -- "If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!"

It didn't start well he was 20 mins late (pet hate) and silly as this sounds his pants hung off him. Bout 2 sizes too big so I assume either his mother does his shopping or he just makes a guess off the rack.
I love a man that fits his pants and does his own shopping xx

Couldn't agree more. I once dated a man with a terrible dress sense and as awful as it sounds, I dreaded going out in public with him. When a man is conscious of his appearance and takes pride in how he looks (this includes things other than clothing choice, like keeping his hair clean and nails tidy), I really look forward to visiting nice places and being seen together.

I'm sure this works in reverse too, so here's a question for the gentlemen: Would you be hesitant about being seen with a lady who's dress sense was distasteful, or if she perhaps didn't maintain her hair, skin, nails, etc?

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy the reality is, that we all would choose some one who was neat in there apperance, after all that is what we do as punters.

I'm sure this works in reverse too, so here's a question for the gentlemen: Would you be hesitant about being seen with a lady who's dress sense was distasteful, or if she perhaps didn't maintain her hair, skin, nails, etc?

TheRoamingEyeball

Gold Member
I'm unbelievably picky. I don't have one deal breaker, its more of a checklist. However, my confidence (arrogance? Whichever) seems to mean if I go after something or someone I will get them, if only to add to my "conquests" list :D

S

suzythefloozy

Brainless (is there any other kind?) extreme right wingers - whether they're men or women.