Has Talkin sex turned into a CHILD CARE CENTRE IN THE LAST FEW DAYS ????

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
ok WTF is going on in the forum , is it a full moon " blue " or something ??

comments pls

John

W

WRXXXR

No forum anywhere in the www is perfectly harmonious all the time. Put a large group of people "together" anywhere and its the same. It keeps it entertaining if nothing else. Us plebs are just keeping you mods on your toes :D

Mind you this is nothing compared to 2 other sport forums I'm on lol

W

wingman

Its good to have a bit of a laugh sometimes.

But sometimes text based humour doesn't translate very well.

Sensual ~ Vanessa

Gold Member
7 days of hot and sticky weather is enough to turn
any sensible human...a little crazy :p

Countries with climates of high humidity, have higher divorce rates
(Well so they say ;))

W

wingman

Doesn't get rated as watchable in our house. The ethics committee banned it. The Taliban agreed - said that their meetings were better behaved.

I've watched it once, had some people over and drank a shot every time Mr Speaker said 'Order'.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Yeah, it's gone downhill a bit. I blame me - like WRXXXR said - I'm too soft. Always expecting the best in people.

wingman said:
But sometimes text based humour doesn't translate very well.

And there 's also that... hard to tell when someone is giving a good natured ribbing and when they are giving a serious put-down.

Demon

Legend Member
Loan road, don't take any blame. The participants need to moderate their behaviour without a nanny. Allegedly they are adults.

The joke attempts were not the issue. There were some pretty obvious nasty personal remarks.

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Doesn't matter who Moderates the forum Lone Road, this sort of thing has happened before and you would know that, so the blame is not on you in anyway.
The only thing this does and has happened in the past some really good members leave the site and don't come back, i can think of a few.
As has been said it's hard to tell if someone is just making a bit of a joke or putting someone down.
Since you have taken over you do a good job so it will work itself out, i am not saying the other moderators don't do a good job either.
It always shows who is making trouble in the long term, just as it has in the past..

Demon

Legend Member
Some people's sense of humour is a put down. That is never funny to the target.

Real humour is never personal, and can't be misinterpreted.

Some attempts at humour might not be funny to everyone, but that has not been the issue here.

Happytimes is correct. Not fault of moderator at all.

W

WRXXXR

Yeah, it's gone downhill a bit. I blame me - like WRXXXR said - I'm too soft. Always expecting the best in people.

And there 's also that... hard to tell when someone is giving a good natured ribbing and when they are giving a serious put-down.

That was a pretty light hearted comment so don't take me too seriously :)

Doesn't mean your to blame since you've done no wrong. You have to act on the things people report, even though some are overly sensitive lol.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Yay! Hugs all around!

It's always a fine line to walk between meddling enough to keep the troublemakers at bay and meddling too much and annoying the regulars. You'd be astonished at the number of spam accounts I delete each week.

J

jaxonjorja

Yes, I agree. Personal attacks on people , even in a vein attempt at humour, are rarely a success. Regular contributors seem to be able to manoeuvre through the mess though. Having said that, I think a few could take the advice of a world renowned Australian philosopher, and (and I quote) "harden the !@#$ up"

A

Alecia the Foxx

I think Lone Road deserves a medal. I think he handled the situation swimmingly!!

Lone Road - You rock. You are a great mod!!

J

jaxonjorja

...and a wonderfully diverse community of forum members we are! Just think how boring things would be if we were all robots with the same views and actions :-((