Happy2

Legend Member
Ok bullshit this one doesnt even pass the idiots guide to common sense
diet drinks contain almost no kj
Normal soft drinks have craploads...
Basic food tech 101
Not that I believe the crap about diet v full sugar and dieting
But It is not all to do with Food tech 101 alone
It could well be to do with chemical reactions between fat and some of those frightening chemicals in diet drinks

scarlett lee

Gold Member
Faaark..
it seriously isnt rocket science
carbs have 15 kj per gram
proteins have 16 kj per gram
fats have 36kj per gram
alcohol has 26 kj per gram.
processed food will have more of fat and sugar and salt than you need.
eating half healthy is easy
eat non processed food or minimally processed
No one needs more fat or sugar or salts
simple no oil marge or butter ib the fridge
no salt in the cupbosrd and no sugar....
bango straight away you and your family are eating much healthier..... done
If only it were that simple Bushseeker, going by this (now almost completely discredited) method of calculating the impact on weight gain the calorie/kj content of foods mainly reflects how much energy they put out when burned, not how much we gain from eating them. Eg: coal would have an incredibly high kj content but if we were to eat it we would be unable to metabolise those kjs and it would not have any affect on weight at all. Much better to go by a foods GI content.

Last edited:

scarlett lee

Gold Member
If only it were that simple Bushseeker, going by this (now almost completely discredited) method of calculating the impact on weight gain the calorie/kj content of foods mainly reflects how much energy they put out when burned, not how much we gain from eating them. Eg: coal would have an incredibly high kj content but if we were to eat it we would be unable to metabolise those kjs and it would not have any affect on weight at all. Much better to go by a foods GI content.
For more info go to:http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/01/how-is-the-calorie-content-in-food-determined/

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Actually no its well and truly and absolutely proven but people just always try and justify and look for reasons to eat crap

Stan_the_Man

I swear to God I had something for this...
Silver Member
Is it wrong that after reading this thread I'm now craving a greasy, night time bacon sandwich on white bread with HP sauce?

honestman

Gold Member
Speaking as someone who has (had before actually committed 100%) on a stringent, VLC Ketogenic Diet - I had to say that whilst from all my reading in principle it makes sense - that glucose - as a final product of stored sugar - is the cause of all inflammatory ailments. Because logically speaking; depending upon your thyroid / hormonal profile - if you don't use it, it "stays" there and becomes something else.

And that in short term this diet works (a teaspoon of coconut oil will give you a feeling of what ketosis is) - but in long term practise - I'd advise against it long term if you are at risk of having thyroid issues (either yourself or your family members).

Having said that, I find that different types of fat/s react differently. During my early keto phase saturated fats sources from dairy didn't suit me well for some reason - severe mineral deficiency symptoms, chest pain/s, joint pains, but months fast forward I've adopted a carb backloading principle at night (still utilising complex hypoglycemic / blood type index diet pathways), and mono & polyunsat omega 3 rich morning meals.That kept me as stable as my wallet last.

My bottom line is this - ketogenic diets, paleo diets, yo-yo diets you name it are only tools and forms of strategies; like a pen or a pencil and that it is only part of a solution if you know how to incorporate it correctly as to how ONLY you respond to it. One important thing for sure - that all these tool/s strategies share ONE similar goal - avoid gluten.

Oh and of course, strength training/s exercise needs to make up the next half of the story. Girls with makeup and reading magazines 30mins on the threadmill then done for day is nothing but a waste of time.

Happy2

Legend Member
I sympathise with Celiacs and others who have genuine problems with gluten'

But mankind has eaten gluten for what 5-10000 years? and is a natural part of our diet Again I respect that there is a minority who cant eat it
But there is a whole industry making people believe it is one of the worlds greatest evils even linking it to a several of our most common illnesses and even schizophrenia I hate hearing so many people nowadays say "Oh I'm gluten intolerant" Its as if its more a trend than a disease

The above is a unpaid statement by a pizza loving bread eating fan of battered fish and chips with malt vinegar
And thas been known to grow a couple of plants containing the worlds biggest killer after wars, cars , disease and people
And is not neccesarily the views of the management or intelligent forum members

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Eat crap highly processed food and take away and too much foidand exercise little
you will put on weight.
all the fancy diets and looking at gi index whatever wont change the simple basics.
My point with the gi index is correct or not its still over thinking a very basic concept

bushseeker

Foundation Member
As for food intolerance.
I was brought up in a household of 3 other kids and busy parents then later a boarding house.
first second third and fourth rule was
eat it or go hungry.
I cringe when I see parents run around after thier kid meal time doing anything to keep them happy.. thats where the massive increases of food intolerance has come from
weak parenting .
kids have not earnt the right to make choices. If we didnt like something stiff crap eat it . Especially if you were visiting.

honestman

Gold Member
I hate hearing so many people nowadays say "Oh I'm gluten intolerant" Its as if its more a trend than a disease

I wouldn't dismiss nor linearly stereotype anything until I felt and experienced it. For a real difference.

I make no claims nor condescendence over which diet is more correct (other than my belief that yes, everyone is in one part or another - gluten intolerant). If you do tolerate gluten well then by all means my hats of respect goes for you, and as accordingly to your own genetics and endocrine / hormonal profile.

I was born and bred as rice & nuts eating diet background (rice is technically gluten free) but I used to then spent YEARS stuffing over gluten & corn based carbohydrate sources - cereals, white breads (including brown, & wholegrain breads), and bucketloads of WHITE semolina / durum based pasta. I’ve sold to the cliche bodybuilding idea simply eat anything big to get big. Ate lots of fruits too with all that sugar.....

My following four symptoms of experience with gluten; which I thought were normal occured to me every single day of the year without me realising it:

1. Satisfied after each and every meal, but felt “nagging”-like feeling in the stomach. Something is "sticky" and not ‘finished’ even with all fibres and vegetable intake.
2. Several recurrent episodes of lower back pain.
3. Gassing and constant forced moments of “holding” it in public environments.
4. Mild confusion / mental fog at times upon moment/s of conversations.

….Oh - and all this happened during my early year/s of strength training and I was already well-versed with maintaining my digestion health with probiotics. I thought the above was normal but was I ever wrong...

Since adopting part of the keto diet principle, avoided all artificial sweeteners, increased my (good / natural mineral) salt intake and went back to my root/s of gluten free carbohydrate sources - rice and potatoes during backloading period phase/s for each day - I have almost none of the above problems other than of course - DOMS (delayed onset muscle sorenesses) and minor joint/s ailments at least once a week from training.

My quick "test" for all
--------------------------------

Here is a test for all it's worth whether anyone believes or aware in this or not - if anyone spent all their life eating at home whilst sitting down - try have your usual 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as to the point you are normally full - but standing up from start to finish. If you feel any type of heaviness in the lower or upper back... well - you are not alone.

D

Driver Harry

Oh I don't know Wazza There was an article a year or so ago about how drillers in Saudi Arabia got huge bonuses if they hit water instead of oil

I wonder when the Jihad will start over water, man it's just so crazy what we are buying these days. I buy bottled water 24 pack for $8, just for the convenience but cringe at bread prices.

Happy2

Legend Member
I wonder when the Jihad will start over water, man it's just so crazy what we are buying these days. I buy bottled water 24 pack for $8, just for the convenience but cringe at bread prices.

To think I whinged over the price of my last large tank for the farmhouse Going by what you say you pay for water I got a bloody good deal
I think the tanks paid for itself in 6-8 months

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
funeral-home-ads__.jpg

Incorrect+Price+Tags+confuse+Supermarket+customers.jpg

Untitled11.png
If I buy 10 of the Lamborghini do I get 100% off?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
There are so many diets around.......but I do believe what ever sort of diet people go for it has to be combined with exercise. I don't want to go back to the times when humans used to live on trees or in caves but our fore-fore-fore fathers and mothers used to be hunters and gatherers not office workers and call center assistants ........to cut million years of evolution short......regardless what diet people chose it won't work without a healthy amount of exercise.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-23_15-27-59.jpeg
    upload_2015-2-23_15-27-59.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2

bushseeker

Foundation Member
I wouldn't dismiss nor linearly stereotype anything until I felt and experienced it. For a real difference.

I make no claims nor condescendence over which diet is more correct (other than my belief that yes, everyone is in one part or another - gluten intolerant). If you do tolerate gluten well then by all means my hats of respect goes for you, and as accordingly to your own genetics and endocrine / hormonal profile.

I was born and bred as rice & nuts eating diet background (rice is technically gluten free) but I used to then spent YEARS stuffing over gluten & corn based carbohydrate sources - cereals, white breads (including brown, & wholegrain breads), and bucketloads of WHITE semolina / durum based pasta. I’ve sold to the cliche bodybuilding idea simply eat anything big to get big. Ate lots of fruits too with all that sugar.....

My following four symptoms of experience with gluten; which I thought were normal occured to me every single day of the year without me realising it:

1. Satisfied after each and every meal, but felt “nagging”-like feeling in the stomach. Something is "sticky" and not ‘finished’ even with all fibres and vegetable intake.
2. Several recurrent episodes of lower back pain.
3. Gassing and constant forced moments of “holding” it in public environments.
4. Mild confusion / mental fog at times upon moment/s of conversations.

….Oh - and all this happened during my early year/s of strength training and I was already well-versed with maintaining my digestion health with probiotics. I thought the above was normal but was I ever wrong...

Since adopting part of the keto diet principle, avoided all artificial sweeteners, increased my (good / natural mineral) salt intake and went back to my root/s of gluten free carbohydrate sources - rice and potatoes during backloading period phase/s for each day - I have almost none of the above problems other than of course - DOMS (delayed onset muscle sorenesses) and minor joint/s ailments at least once a week from training.

My quick "test" for all
--------------------------------

Here is a test for all it's worth whether anyone believes or aware in this or not - if anyone spent all their life eating at home whilst sitting down - try have your usual 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as to the point you are normally full - but standing up from start to finish. If you feel any type of heaviness in the lower or upper back... well - you are not alone.
Ummm fair dinkum seriously?
Just try eating and not overthinking everything.. then your issues might go away
99.99% of issues are a soulution waiting for a problem.
the fact you went to such a long post includIng really wierd and strange stuff... indicates your issues are personal not food related

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Im just glad come the Holocaust and revolution.. there will be no room or time for the self absorbed.. they will die neatly immediately looking for low gi food or eating standing up or whatever special diet crap..
only people like me who eat because its food will be left...

sunyun

Legend Member
Getting back to the original thread - I have a theory that whatever food I like the most is the food that is going to kill me - tomorrow (if I'm not already dead from all those bacon sandwiches I have cherished and enjoyed).

So when I was told that sugar was bad for me and bound to kill me within a few years, I tried to give it up, but the old super refined white powder (not cocaine !) is hard to give away.

Now they appear to be changing the rules again, but sugar is still the villain.

Sad story.

Happy2

Legend Member
No matter your taste go for less refined if possible
Otherwise the old adage
A little bit of what you fancy does you good
Isnt to far wrong for most healthy people

But remember Eat lots of red meat Especially Hogget and wheat products and always fry in canola Non GMO of course FB
Guess three of my main crops

sunyun

Legend Member
No matter your taste go for less refined if possible
Otherwise the old adage
A little bit of what you fancy does you good
Isnt to far wrong for most healthy people

But remember Eat lots of red meat Especially Hogget and wheat products and always fry in canola Non GMO of course FB
Guess three of my main crops

Rice, rape seed and chicken farming ?

D

Driver Harry

FOREIGN Minister Julie Bishop says she is yet to receive a response to an offer from Australia to pay the cost of imprisonment for two drug smugglers on death row in Indonesia if they are spared the firing squad.
safe_image.php

Who the hell asked me about spending my $$$ on fkn drug dealers,
man ok try to save them but WTF!!!
ccb_postmortem_01_title.jpg

Smoggy

Foundation Member
Julie Bishop is responding to public opinion. If she didn't explore every option the darlings of the left would be hammering her through the Fairfax media and ABC. Its inevitable that these two guys will be executed to satisfy the hard liners holding power in Indonesia. All these efforts will be in vain but it sends the message to Indonesia that we ARE prepared to stand up for our values even if they don't like it.