Gay Male Clinic - MAY CLOSE DUE TO LACK OF SUPPORT!!!!

M

Mishaela

The M Clinic may close down if people don't start using it!

This is the only clinic for gay men in WA, which has the highest incidence of HIV infected men per capita than any state in Australia! Along the East Coast they have more than a dozen clinics in each state to choose from. As I said, we only have one, and it's going to close if people don't start using it!!

Government was reluctant to fund this clinic from the get go, so they're going to be quick to put the brakes on if people don't start using the services they have to offer.

This is an absolutely necessary service for the gay community so please start utilising their services!!!!!

About the Clinic...
The team for Project X consists of the staff from the Gay/MSM (Men who have sex with Men) Program at the Western Australian AIDS Council. Launched on the 30th September 2007, this space forms an information and support web which weaves together the various important programs run by the WA AIDS Council for MSMs in Perth. These include Sauna Clinics and Sexual Health Testing, Mensline, Cyberreach, Beats, Workshops, Gay/MSM Indigenous and Peer Support.

Visit their Website for more info.

Pass the word to anyone you think this service could be of benefit to!

We really need to rally to keep this important service/resource in Perth

Happy2

Legend Member
Unfortunately this problem is all too common We bitch & scream about the help and services required And it can be
in any area We get the service Take it for granted then cry blue murder when it is closed , often due to lack of utilisation
by the very people who insisted on the service
Like the old adage "Use it or lose it "

S

Saige

Unfortunately this problem is all too common We bitch & scream about the help and services required And it can be
in any area We get the service Take it for granted then cry blue murder when it is closed , often due to lack of utilisation
by the very people who insisted on the service
Like the old adage "Use it or lose it "

You are so right happy...sad but true!!!

S

StefyTransGurl

This is sad news, the staff there are really nice. It seems as a community we take one step forward and three steps back. For a M-T-F Transsexual in Perth it's also drama, endless Psych appointments at $200 a session, just so they can make a decision if you 'Deserve' HRT or not. Oh of course 'Gender Dysphoria' is a choice ? The same again for SRS surgery and you have go overseas for it anyway.
New Zealand with a conservative govt, does 50 SRS op's a year in the public system and looking to increase that.

WranSlayer

Bronze Member
Why do gay men need a special clinic? Straight men don't.
Standing bye for sarcastic comments and accusations of homophobia

S

StefyTransGurl

Why do gay men need a special clinic? Straight men don't.
Standing bye for sarcastic comments and accusations of homophobia

It's quite simple if you think about it. Not all people who use clinics like this identify as gay some maybe bi or curious guys who simply wish for privacy and the opportunity to deal with people who understand their situation. The LGBT community is very diverse I used this clinic to make sure I was In fairly good health before starting my 'Transition'. I found them extremely helpful and non-judgmental. Homophobia/Transphobia ?

WranSlayer

Bronze Member
Homophobia/Transphobia ?

Sorry to dissapoint you on that point, but I couldn't care less. I have no fear or hatred of anyone based on their gender or sexual preference.

By the way, I remain unconvinced as to the need for special health services for gay or transgender people. The original post did not even mention transgenders. It only talked about gay men, so lets get this thread back on topic.

S

StefyTransGurl

Sorry to dissapoint you on that point, but I couldn't care less. I have no fear or hatred of anyone based on their gender or sexual preference.

By the way, I remain unconvinced as to the need for special health services for gay or transgender people. The original post did not even mention transgenders. It only talked about gay men, so lets get this thread back on topic.
So what is your reason for not needing this type of service, you haven't said. As for my Trans comment, simply explaining the good work clinics like this do as they treat many types of people.