• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

For those of you that are parents

M

Mary Anne PA

I must admit being caveman i fear virtually nothing. Perhaps change is what i do fear. I agree everything evolves, none of us are free from the rythm of time .
What i fear the most is change,yes change. I see the encroachment of western society not really culture but society. I fear for our kids and teenagers who are being effected by this rapid change.
I notice it particulary in the jungle the kids go to school in the cities or leave for work. They return forgetting the the simple things in life. They communicate with thumbs sending text messages. The cyber world a dream like existence of msn, computer games and ipods. Speech is is very fast monotone in audabile.

Growing up so fast that they require a brand knew car , double story house and a false financial freedom which comes at at a very high price with credit cards and of course the reality of not ever paying them back, bankruptsy and a very rude awakening of the realty of true life.

The pressure is so great on these youngsters that of course a release valve is alchohol and drug abuse . And this leads to the worst case senario suicide.

Even sport which for decades has been a natural release has become so trumpped up that you have to wear all the designer gear and of course play for your country, it has become so yupped up the kids have lost sight of what it is all about.

In my opinion we have to get back to basics take a good look at the forest and jungle and take a deep breath slow down look and learn but above all make quality time with the up and coming generation,for if they cannot see there way clear how on earth can we!!!!!!

The terrible thing about all of this is it is no fault of the kids but us adults. They are the future and we are but the past.