• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Ex's and in laws

T

Tania Admin

Aargh!
As NT and my wedding day approaches, the fun begins. My ex (the father of my children) and in-laws all very happy for me and supportive when I first told them (my ex being the 2nd person I told after my kids) all about our engagement but now they are just being a pain in the proverbial butt and trying to cause dramas. OMG!! For the 1st time in I can't remember how long, I am extremely happy.
A few of my friends believe it is jealousy on my ex's behalf and that is why he is stirring the pot, but far out, he missed his chance a very loooong time ago and why concoct rubbish to turn his family too. Grrr.
I do want to keep the peace to a degree for the kids, but as it is now (since last week) none of us are on speaking terms anymore. I won't be having them at our wedding, (had originally invited the in-laws but not the ex as we were all on extremely good terms), I only want people there who are happy for us and want to celebrate, the last thing I want is stress on our special day.
Has anyone had experiences in this, on either my side or been the ex in this situation?

Happy2

Legend Member
your still theirs sons girl in their eyes And maybe now that you have taken this big step They realise you are never going to come back
So in their eyes you are the one who hurt their boy and I doubt you can ever change a parents mind about their kid 'So you just make a clean break and enjoy your new life without anyone else's bitterness intruding in it

T

Tania Admin

your still theirs sons girl in their eyes And maybe now that you have taken this big step They realise you are never going to come back
So in their eyes you are the one who hurt their boy and I doubt you can ever change a parents mind about their kid 'So you just make a clean break and enjoy your new life without anyone else's bitterness intruding in it

Perhaps, though I should have mentioned that he has a child to his current partner whom he has been with since 3 weeks after we separated 6 years ago. Our relationship was over years before I finally told him to never come back and if we didn't have children together I would have absolutely nothing to do with him at all and be more than happy to sever any ties.

Last edited by a moderator:

bushbabe

Gold Member
No doubt that these matters occur in many families. But life goes on and it is they who miss out eventually....... I know as my family were against SWMBO, but she has risen far above them........ AND THEY KNOW IT........ YEAH.

I have no ex's though, except a handful of my favorite cows, down the back paddock.

Don't give them a second thought Tania.......... its their loss. Best Wishes and GOOD TIMES AHEAD

T

Tania Admin

No doubt that these matters occur in many families. But life goes on and it is they who miss out eventually....... I know as my family were against SWMBO, but she has risen far above them........ AND THEY KNOW IT........ YEAH.

I have no ex's though, except a handful of my favorite cows, down the back paddock.

Don't give them a second thought Tania.......... its their loss. Best Wishes and GOOD TIMES AHEAD

Thank-you BushBabe xo. I wasn't upset about it (not in a heart broken way), more disgusted at the small mind nastiness and pettiness over

things they know absolutely nothing about. It's like no-one is allowed to be happy. I sat smiling through the whole thing and then informed

them that their opinion is just that, their opinion. And I don't have to agree with the non-sense that was being spouted. Very true though,
their loss. I have my NT :love1: and some tight knit friends :wav: , they are the ones that count.

L

Lilly Sweetheart

Planning my wedding 5yrs ago was one the most stressful moments in my life.
My inlaws caused us so much grief and then I turned into a bridezilla!

Yes you do argue over petty bs but when the big day comes you couldn't careless.

Your ex is jealous as you have moved on and even worst...... you're happy! Your ex's parents will side with you ex as he is their son.
Chin up luv and honestly when the big day comes savour every moment x

J

Jazzmine

Eugh I can relate! My x husband was the same when I told him I had found someone else and was happy. He ruined his chance, just as your X did. I don't see the point in dwelling on it and/or creating drama. Once things are over, they're over. The idea of keeping things calm and maintaining some sort of peace seems to be a fairly hard thing to do for some people though huh?!

Don't allow it to stress you out babe! You're so lucky and in a fantastic place right now xxx

T

Tania Admin

Thank-you so much people. I am in a good place, fantastic even, I won't let anyone bring me down :)