• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Excellent websites on sex-workers for people with disability

Plumage

Diamond Member
After reading some of the excellent posts in this Sex & Disabilities subforum, I was feeling very inadequate and in need of some good detailed advice and information. I found a couple of websites which have some really good advice for both sex workers and for clients who have disabilities. I was thinking of summarising them here, but really they are so well written and cover so much that I think the summaries might end up longer than the originals! Anyway, here they are:

Link is broken,so has been taken down

This document is aimed primarily at sex-workers working in this field. It is very detailed. It originally comes from the TLC-Trust in the UK (I assume TLC just stands for Tender Loving Care), which is a branch of The Outsiders Trust, a social, peer support and dating club, run by and for people with invisible and visible disabilities.

The second website is the TLC's own website, which doesn't have the useful info found above for sex-workers (so far as I can see; maybe you have to register with them as a sex-worker to see it?) but does have some very detailed info for people with disability who are contemplating engaging a sex-worker:

Last edited by a moderator:

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
After reading some of the excellent posts in this Sex & Disabilities subforum, I was feeling very inadequate and in need of some good detailed advice and information. I found a couple of websites which have some really good advice for both sex workers and for clients who have disabilities. I was thinking of summarising them here, but really they are so well written and cover so much that I think the summaries might end up longer than the originals! Anyway, here they are:

This document is aimed primarily at sex-workers working in this field. It is very detailed. It originally comes from the TLC-Trust in the UK (I assume TLC just stands for Tender Loving Care), which is a branch of The Outsiders Trust, a social, peer support and dating club, run by and for people with invisible and visible disabilities.

The second website is the TLC's own website, which doesn't have the useful info found above for sex-workers (so far as I can see; maybe you have to register with them as a sex-worker to see it?) but does have some very detailed info for people with disability who are contemplating engaging a sex-worker:
3FE97DE4-077E-419E-B004-554921B9F488.gif

Plumage

Diamond Member
Here at least is an outline sketch of the things covered in the two websites:

Tips for Sex Workers—
providing experiences that help the client with future partners
Meeting their needs—
skin-to-skin contact;
emotional outbursts;
having a clear ‘training’ agreement so they don’t become emotionally dependent on you;
respecting confidentiality;
expect a wide range of sexual interests;
people with vision impairment;
deafness;
cerebral palsy;
polio;
spinal injuries;
impaired genital responses;
payment

Advice for clients:
—advice for female clients
—cost
—making a booking: what to ask the sex-worker; points to consider; things you need to know
Stigma

Plumage

Diamond Member
Also Rachel Wotton's 2016 PhD thesis is available online:

https://ses.library.usyd.edu.au/bit...d=AC314DC8A0A1478567F18A823C6334FA?sequence=1

The thesis is called: Sex workers who provide services to clients with disability in New South Wales, Australia

Rachel Wotton has decades of experience within the sex industry throughout Australia. She has also worked for the Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP NSW) and as a volunteer with Scarlet Alliance – the National Sex Worker Association of Australia.

There is a lot of really good stuff in the thesis, which is pretty easy to follow. (Not that I have read it all yet.)

janny-ammerson

Gold Member
One of the biggest myths about disabled persons is that we don't have sexual desires or sex lives or what have you. But as the two other answers stated here, we indeed do have sex lives and normal sex. Adaptions are made, but so are they made for other people as well. Lesbians, gay men who don't like anal sex, and women who have pain when penetrated.