ETIQUETTE IS SO IMPORTANT

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Etiquette is important inside the bedroom but just as importantly outside of the bedroom.
What ever happened to common curiosity & good manners ! Something we all need to work on in society in general & in the work place !

Australians lack manners sorry to say... If people have no manners today its because of the school system and the baby boomer parents that dragged there kids up, sorry but I have lived in Europe and they have manners, people get up on trains and trams for pregnant women and older ladies too, that don't happen in Australia, even kids at school do in Europe, More Americans have better manners than Australians.

Jacqui Luxe

Enjoying the weather and company in Darwin!
Gold Member
I think too many people get so wrapped up in their own worlds that they forget other people have their own things going on - it only takes a half second to be kind and think of others, it's crazy how many people don't seem to be able to do so!

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Let us not forget the influence of technology today, unfortunately it reflects with the youth of today and others.
Sitting in front of a computer, smartphone or tablet allows us to ignore social etiquette without being held accountable. Rudeness and meanness can be accomplished anywhere, anytime and to anyone and this tendency of behavior then becomes normal everyday behavior to some individuals.

stovo82

Diamond Member
Manners and respect are not taught anymore because modern society is in decline.
The education system has failed our kids and the teachers and government are to blame.
We are addicted to technology and we are producing a generation of sociopathic, narcissistic monsters.
With role models like the Kardashians, Donald Trump, Kanye West and various narcissists on social media, young generations have no hope.
Who is going to save us all and lead us on the path of salvation and enlightenment?

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Manners and respect are not taught anymore because modern society is in decline.
The education system has failed our kids and the teachers and government are to blame.
We are addicted to technology and we are producing a generation of sociopathic, narcissistic monsters.
With role models like the Kardashians, Donald Trump, Kanye West and various narcissists on social media, young generations have no hope.
Who is going to save us all and lead us on the path of salvation and enlightenment?

We know this, but what do we do to change it ? Fly 5 hours from Perth to Singapore and see manners and respect at play.

Down boy

Gold Member
Australians lack manners sorry to say... If people have no manners today its because of the school system and the baby boomer parents that dragged there kids up, sorry but I have lived in Europe and they have manners, people get up on trains and trams for pregnant women and older ladies too, that don't happen in Australia, even kids at school do in Europe, More Americans have better manners than Australians.
โ€œDoesnโ€™tโ€ happen. bad grammar is a gateway drug to bad manners.

CDSC

Gold Member
So what kind of bad manners are we discussing here.. an unforeseen bout of flatulence during a session.. a wrong expression.
I agree times have continuously changed since I was born in the fifties and there have been generations blaming this degeneration on parenting and the times.
The world has probably always had this and as I get older I tend to laugh at people the expect time to stand still?

S

SmilyECoyote

over the years I think I;ve met all the shitheads as described in this thread but there;s green shoots out there because I've also met some good ones. I had to chuckle one time when a school kid offered her seat on the train; I got a surprise because I didn't think I looked that old or infirm but a nice gesture just the same.

Bill75

Silver Member
Covid has only made the issue worse. The way many were acting last year in supermarkets shows how quickly even normally civil people's manners can go to water. Those who were already pricks just went to a whole new level...
Teaching standards of respect, politeness and sharing in your children isn't hard, even given the shitty role models around these days. It just takes time and love.

CDSC

Gold Member
Some years back I recall kindly opening a door for a female, who la de da said ...
"you don't need to open that for me just because I'm a lady".
Smart alec me replied,
"I didn't, I did it because I'm a gentleman".
Gentlemen opened doors for ladies wearing bustles and hooped shirts back then .. because they wore no undies it was to 'preserve their modesty'.

Channelle

Legend Member
Gentlemen opened doors for ladies wearing bustles and hooped shirts back then .. because they wore no undies it was to 'preserve their modesty'.

Oh yes back then ... I think you've just given everyone my age group ๐Ÿ˜ญ