Do you believe??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Do you believe the old saying that some of us have a Guardian Angel watching over them to keep them safe from harm??

It`s happened to me 3 or 4 times now, one time I was running late for work by a couple of minutes because I had put my keys in a different spot, just as I was approaching a set of traffic lights a car ran a red light.
Another time I was working on a roof only to have it cave under my weight but the tin sheets didn`t fall all the way to the floor.
Yet another time I was at work only to have a pallet drop about 2 inches short of my feet.

Have I been lucky or is it a Guardian Angel watching over me??

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Oh dear....thinking about it.........I must have a whole army of guardian angels. Especially in my past I managed to get myself in rather "difficult" situations and so far (knock on wood) I always got out of it in one piece. I can only hope they don't retire any time soon.
:angel1::angel12::evil4:

R.xxxxxxxx

C

colbb123

Buggar...such an interesting topic and I've nothing to say.

One of my most profound posts ever:(
Hang on...neurons colliding, fingers crossed hoping for a synapse...

Oh cool I had one.

I don't believe in guardian angels as such but I, like Rochelle have had an incredible amount of close calls which have all made me wonder if each one was intended to draw my attention to something....

I believe some are just pure coincidence.
I am convinced that others have been the big man upstairs trying to tell me something (though I'm often not sure what).
I think we are often unaware of information that our senses have picked up on and without us knowing it, have managed to get us just out of harms way. An example is when I'm on the motor bike pretending not to enjoy the vibrations from the fuel tank, and a bug hits my CLOSED eye lid....I didn't see the bug coming but somehow my eye did, and the old brain shut my eye's protective lid before I knew what was what.

Lastly: Miracles. I believe God can and does perform miracles. Some I have asked for, others not. Hope to post about one in particular soon when I'm not in such a silly mood:)

A

Alecia the Foxx

I went through a car windscreen when I was 19, and the only injuries I received were a bit of a hole in my foot which took a while to heal, and a couple of minor scratches on my face. My grandmother (God rest her soul) wagged her finger at me and stated, "Someone's looking after you!"

Happy2

Legend Member
These guardian angels may be of comfort to some who knows they may even be true But if they are they tally
up every Little thing they do for you then smack you right between the eyes with the worst thing the can possibly do to you

Just hope its not a angel but following common sense and good driving etc that keeps you safe You wont want payback on yourself

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Buggar...such an interesting topic and I've nothing to say.

I don't believe in guardian angels as such but I, like Rochelle have had an incredible amount of close calls which have all made me wonder if each one was intended to draw my attention to something....

. An example is when I'm on the motor bike pretending not to enjoy the vibrations from the fuel tank, and a bug hits my CLOSED eye lid....I didn't see the bug coming but somehow my eye did, and the old brain shut my eye's protective lid before I knew what was what.

Don`t you just love it when a fly gets in your eye or finds your way into your mouth when travelling about 80kph, I was even more lucky one time when a bee decided to fly under my visor while on the freeway...

Sometimes we are left to wonder why things happen.

Happy2

Legend Member
Don`t you just love it when a fly gets in your eye or finds your way into your mouth when travelling about 80kph, I was even more lucky one time when a bee decided to fly under my visor while on the freeway...

Sometimes we are left to wonder why things happen.

Have not had the bee episode But I am sure there are smokers here who have the live ember come off their smoke while driving Ah Good times
If that driver rolled his car trying to get that ember and killed his 4 passengers Would the cancer council put that down as 5 smoke related deaths

TheCock

Legend Member
Dont think about these things. You hear about young people dying when it could have been avoided so easily.

People have tried to harm me many times and nothing so far.

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, life is a lottery and sooner or later something or someone will get us all. I, too, have had my share of close calls, especially behind the wheel of vehicles and attribute my survival on those occasions to that "sixth sense" you develop after a few years of long-distance driving. My "guardian angel" is my mind which engages fully with the act of operating any machine, especially a moving one. Nothing makes me madder than seeing clowns lounging half-asleep in their cars steering with two fingers at 100km/h on the freeway. If anything unexpected happened it would be all over before they even woke up.