• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Do you believe this is the average size for Australia women....

Ms Sue

Legend Member
256860-melaine-ward.jpg

The typical Australian woman now weighs 70.1kg, up from 67kg in 1995, while men are heavier too - 85.2kg compared with 82kg.

What do you think........

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

Yep, I do believe that this is the average woman, and the guys need to get it through their heads (both of them!;-) that a size 10 is not FAT!

Apparently the average size in Australia today is a size 12-14.
While I don't think we need to try and strive to match America's levels of obesity, I do think that we need to panic about it either...

We have such a diverse cultural blend here in Australia, all of which have different genetic make up, builds, etc. It would be unrealistic for all women to fit into a size 8 group. A size 8 may be underweight for some women, overweight for others and the ideal weight for the rest, all depending on their height and stature?

I love this picture of 'today's women' V's 'today's men'...

images

T

Tania Admin

As long as people are healthy, I don't think their weight matters....

Ironically when I was at school (which had alot of students of European desent), I was always made to feel bad for being to skinny, I had so much difficulty gaining weight and if I got sick it would drop off so fast. The name calling was awful and really destroyed any confidence I may have had,,so I hid in books.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Bullshit weight matters, the few extra kilos will add ten of thousands to this person life medical bills to start with,people are far happier the bit lighter. I believe the government need measures to reward people for ideal weight.

Happy2

Legend Member
We are becoming a fatter country And it is generational Higher incidents of obesity and far more reliance/acceptance of fast and fatty foods
And as long as on one side of the page you have Model houses and fashion houses saying you must be a stick insect and if you smile we will fire you Then on the other side Maccas and similar plus the potato chips manufacturers etc showing either Perfect families or just perfect specimens eating there products The kids watching their ads will get caught by one side or the other
Starve or gorge There are very few ads and few feel good govt programmes that make the middle way popular Nor will there
And showing a fat teen going to hospital with heart trouble or pre-diabetes not going to affect thinking while there is peer pressure and also a 13-18 yr old is bulletproof

T

Tania Admin

We are becoming a fatter country And it is generational Higher incidents of obesity and far more reliance/acceptance of fast and fatty foods
And as long as on one side of the page you have Model houses and fashion houses saying you must be a stick insect and if you smile we will fire you Then on the other side Maccas and similar plus the potato chips manufacturers etc showing either Perfect families or just perfect specimens eating there products The kids watching their ads will get caught by one side or the other
Starve or gorge There are very few ads and few feel good govt programmes that make the middle way popular Nor will there
And showing a fat teen going to hospital with heart trouble or pre-diabetes not going to affect thinking while there is peer pressure and also a 13-18 yr old is bulletproof

I meant it as, as long as they are healthy the weight doesn't matter,,Height and bone structure being a factor in weight,,, This also means you can't be obese and be healthy at the same time,,I should have clarified it more..

Happy2

Legend Member
I am on your side Smiling one You live with what mother nature gives you Although there's no harm in a few tweaks here and there

svengali

Foundation Member
o.K, here comes my politically incorrect take on the debate.

If I walked into Langtrees and saw the "Ms Average" above on the floor I would pass. Her problem is not her weight, it is flab. Tuckshop arms, flabby belly and thighs etc. If she spent some quality time at the gym or just running/walking she would swap that flab for lean muscle. Her weight would not change much because muscle is denser but she would look a whole lot better.

The other side is, she is average for what age and stage of life? For a late teenager she is in pretty dire shape. For a 40 odd year old mother of three she is pretty good.

Happy2

Legend Member
I know what you mean with fat over muscle mass a in-law kept her weight down by diet only As long as her weight was below X she was happy She gave up physical exercise because her weight was over X with her increase in muscle But she looked good Now as you say its soft as putty

Happy2

Legend Member
Does age matter FB Underweight is underweight and fat is fat
Although I am well below par if you measure average IQ But I mumble blunder & bluff my way through

F

Farm Boy

Well H2 you would expect to put on a bit of weight as you age.

AGEING POPULATION

Australia's population, like that of most developed countries, is ageing as a result of sustained low fertility and increasing life expectancy. This is resulting in proportionally fewer children (under 15 years of age) in the population. The median age (the age at which half the population is older and half is younger) of the Australian population has increased by 4.8 years over the last two decades, from 32.1 years at 30 June 1990 to 36.9 years at 30 June 2010. Between 30 June 2009 and 2010 the median age remained relatively steady at 36.8 years. Over the next several decades, population ageing is projected to have significant implications for Australia, including for health, labour force participation, housing and demand for skilled labour (Australia to 2050: Future Challenges, January 2010 (Intergenerational Report 2010), Attorney-General's Department).

N

Naughty Thoughts

I'm tall but below average in weight. I need to increase my muscle mass but I spend so long sitting in front of a computer and with long drives to and from work means I lack the time and motivation to exercise. Scratch that, I now have motivation to exercise. So if I need more time for the things I want then I have to cut out things which take time but I value less. Computer games? Deleted. Camera? Back in its bag. TV remote? Out the window.

Only a few months until the wedding, and it's winter - need to be the best me I can be. :love3:

Happy2

Legend Member
I know many people disagree loneroad but your metabolism works better in the cooler months So if you apply yourself it is actually easier to lose weight in winter
If you can get out of that warm bed or drag yourself away from the woodfire that is

Justlookin

Justlookin
Gold Member
Anything above a size 12 is too cuddly for me. I got huge a few years back. 110kg it was so gross. I'm now 85kg all I had to do was cut out processed foods and sugar. I hate it when people especially girls justify that being fat is fine.

N

Naughty Thoughts

...actually easier to lose weight in winter ...

I know, my problem is that I'm trying to gain weight - I've lost too much. Well, I'm trying to gain muscle and stamina, not just raw weight...

Happy2

Legend Member
My wife was a size 14 But she was 5ft 10 in the old language and not fat just correct size for her build and she ate healthy and did a fair bit of physical work
My pet hate is Its not my fault its my hormones I know it may well be at times But you hear it just a little to often
And us blokes who proudly rub our great beer gut and say It has cost me a fortune to attain this beauty

P

Perth boy

View attachment 11295

The typical Australian woman now weighs 70.1kg, up from 67kg in 1995, while men are heavier too - 85.2kg compared with 82kg.

What do you think........

I always thought I was average. Now I know I am not!

Many years ago I liked girls around size 6 and thought the 8's were to large. Got over that and now like a 8 or 10. I like them short and firm but not skinny. I suppose thats one of the many reasons why I like the asian girls so much.

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I remember migrating to Perth 30 years ago,
I was a slim size 10 5' 8" Australian size 1982 ... (but huge in the Asian country I grew up in)....
Now I am an average 12 still 5'8'' - maybe taller as my heels are higher now!! lol .....
and YET I find I am still an average Australian in 2012 YAY for me!!
Thanks Miss SUE ....
will not try to pester my Doctor for diet pills !!!!!....they never want to give presciptions
- they want me to excercise!

Last edited:
T

Tania Admin

I'm tall but below average in weight. I need to increase my muscle mass but I spend so long sitting in front of a computer and with long drives to and from work means I lack the time and motivation to exercise. Scratch that, I now have motivation to exercise. So if I need more time for the things I want then I have to cut out things which take time but I value less. Computer games? Deleted. Camera? Back in its bag. TV remote? Out the window.

Only a few months until the wedding, and it's winter - need to be the best me I can be. :love3:

I definitely wouldn't complain about more muscle or stamina ;) ..But in complete honesty I can say I do love you just the way you are.. :love1: :love2: :love3:

Happy2

Legend Member
I definitely wouldn't complain about more muscle or stamina ;) ..But in complete honesty I can say I do love you just the way you are.. :love1: :love2: :love3:

More stamina Thats bit of a backhander Oh Smiling One

Happy2

Legend Member
I knew that. I have no intention of upsetting you Smiley Just in case you make me eat the soggy biscuit lol