• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Dirk hartog island

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I'm Showing Off by Mary-Anne

This week I did one of those wishes on my bucket list.
I have always wanted a family and friend holiday home.Nothing to fancy, somewhere safe and interesting and away from the world.
This week I am the lucky owner of the first privately owned block on DIRK HARTOG ISLAND.There are only 12 blocks released at the moment, and will never be more than 33. The rest of the Island is a national park so it is a unique opp and I look forward to many enjoyable holidays with my grandchildren, children and friends. I will not be building anything fancy it will be a real beach shack experience.
Here is a video link to the island
http://www.sharkbay.org/assets/multimedia/test/seascape2.swf

Link to all about the island
http://http://www.sharkbay.org/dirkhartogisland.aspx
Hope to be back on the forum more from the middle of next week.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Re: I'm Showing Off by Mary-Anne

and so you should MA as the is a great accomplishment being the 1st and for what its worth a great investment for the future of your family ,, enjoy

John

T

Tania Admin

Congratulations Mary-Anne. You have been knocking a few big things off that bucket list with the Hotel and now this block and lots of other stuff too. Your brain for business never ceases to amaze me. Good on you, you have worked hard for it all. :) What's next?

C

colzilla

Will there be an establishment on the island?

Happy2

Legend Member

Have a few girls there to service the next stray boatload of Sri Lankans who get lost on their way to New Zealand

C

colzilla

It could be like Fantasy Island. I could be Mr. Roarke and you could be Tattoo. Plus MAK and her girls.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member

Ahoy Lads;- Tis will be Treasure Island;- where there be plenty of Rum, Women and Song, and, lets not forget all the Treasure
Congrats Maryanne, (have no fear us Pirates will sail past)

Ms Sue

Legend Member

So now you have lived your dream for the week was it everything you wanted plus more......
Hope you bring back fish for all
Sue......

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member

Wow have seen video footage of this true paradise. What a great accomplishment. You put in the hard yards and now its time to reap the rewards. All the best and many great family holidays ahead xx

F

Farm Boy

Well Dirk Hartog did say it was a place of sand sin and sore eye so Mary Anne pack your toy spade bucket and VISINE® eye drops for itchy, red, dry, burning, watery eyes .

Happy2

Legend Member

I am sure MAK has seen her fair share of Itchy ,red dry and burning in her time. Not herself or her girls of course Only the opposition and a few punters

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member

It is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations Maryanne. xxxxxxxxxxx

T

Tania Admin

The fishing would be spectacular as would the picturesque beauty of the place. I have no doubt you enjoyed yourself and are well rested. :)

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member

Congrats :) and you better make the holiday home big enough for all of us to show up and enjoy the tranquillity of the island.
........hope it is not taken over by flies.......... ;)

R.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I am just back from a 6 day holiday and the Island is paradise. I have been lucky to buy a section/block one of 33 freehold blocks and look forward to spending 4 months on the Island each year.
Started the thread to see what you all know about this paradise...look forward to your posts.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Wardle's (tom the cheap)had the last lease from the 1960's and have just recently swapped the lease for the homestead 100 acres and 33 3/4 acre blocks at Sunday island Bay.

F

Farm Boy

My apologies Maryanne silly old farmer got his Perth City Council Lord Mayor's in a tangle .

T

Tania Admin

The one thing I know about Dirk Hartog Island is that I would love to visit there :) lol

natalia

Bronze Member
I would also love to visit there it is stunning ( jealous in a nice way :) )

will have to keep my eye on this thread

nat x

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member

Can you post up some photos of the island please makes it more interesting, maybe the winner will get a FREE holiday.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member

Where is your photo Cayla no replies with out photos please.

Dallas

Legend Member

Well I think the Island looks great Mary-Anne, from the pictures I've seen so far you could spend weeks exploring it with endless amazing beaches and scenery.

The surf and lack of surfers really stands out for me and also the scuba diving there sounds fantastic according to descriptions it's very pristine and many areas are yet to be discovered. In fact, it's the only area of Australia that I couldn't find scuba diving photo's, the closest was Exmouth which is rated one of the best dive spots in the world. I've dived on the East coast of Australia but not the West.

Dirk Hartog Island appears to have the best of everything that you could ask for in a natural environment. Oh does it have a branch of Langtrees? - need to stay warm at night right :)

ImageGen.ashx.jpg

ImageGen..jpg

ImageGen.ashx2.jpg

ImageGen.ashx4.jpg

ImageGen.ashx5.jpg

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member

They tell me one of Australia's surf brands spends a week every year at the top of the island surfing and they reckon its the best surf in Australia. Diving haven't heard many reports yet except the Crays are huge.
No langtrees just a little old medicine woman and her amazing medicine chest. LOL