• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
I have not posted on TS for some time but this is an exception and is directed for the forum members who have type 2 diabetes.

After changing my diet, exercising, losing weight and changing my lifestyle over a period of about one year, i have successfully reversed my type 2 diabetes.

I have been off all medicines since june last year and i must admit that i did have the occasional tuck fest but you need a break on odd occasions. but keep it very rarely.

As someone who suffered extreme side effects from the medicines it is a huge relief to be free.

If you have type 2 diabetes and are finding it hard, do not give up. It is possible but you have to manage stress, diet, exercise and be determined to get results.

This post is dedicated to a particular forum member whom i will not name but i hope it inspires others to get better as well.

Anyone is welcome to pm me if they want to on this subject.

I may post another thread for a book title request (book written already) which has lots of sex, intrigue, love and betrayal. You know the type of things that could only happen in movies? Well it has happened to me and you never know it might even become a movie as well. Now who can i get to portray XxxxxxX or even the XxXxxx

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- Can I be in the movie?
I have a few issues but I am still working on them...........
do not worry about my, one leg, one hand, one eye and recently my one ear........ I am still giving my best Tom Cruise smile, with my 4 teeth.
So....Pick....Me

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
hi Sir Cruiser and thank you for the info , i am in the same process as you have been . but loosing weight , is so hard for me and has been for more than 20 years , i am using a treadmill daily . also depression and not working ( not able to find work ) doesn't help ,
but in saying this i am positive on doing i need to do :) :)

Strawman

Silver Member
I've been living just slightly high of the borderline into type 2 for over 10 years and keeping a watchful eye. Numbers have improved a bit by removing a lot of sugars from diet (especially coke and other soft drinks) so that now right on the borderline and hence figure I can continue to enjoy some of my other bad diet preferences.
But always keeping a watchful eye due to family history with type 1 and 2.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
@happypirate of course you can be in the movie, even if it is just for the rum arrrr

@johnlou it is very hard and i understand how depression and no work affects the mind having been through it myself. A tip given to me by a friend in using a treadmill. If you can do inclines and change the speed, you can achieve more and better results in 6 minutes than 30 or more on a flat treadmill. Changing it every week should also help, it did for me. I also changed my diet to just fruit and oats with water, just doing that for 4 weeks made a huge difference but do not go back to big meals, i live on oats with fruit smoothies using nutra ninja and also cook meat and vegies.

@Strawman if you can try the food i mentioned above for a few weeks and then change your diet long term, you will go down further. I also have been walking for 60 minutes a day doing from 4.3 km to 6km in the same time and whilst it is not cardio, it helps to focus the mind into a routine of exercise and might help you in discipline for other workouts.

Good luck guys

Strawman

Silver Member
Thanks @Sir Cruiser
I have found it useful since around 40 years of age of keeping a record of blood test results in a spreadsheet. This way I have more knowledge of my own history than my GP cares to know about as often they just focus on the current tests. With these historical records I can tweak diet/exercise according to results without a GP's sometimes questionable consultation.

Eg. My Gamma GT (fatty liver - NOT alcoholic) was starting to spike a couple of years ago and glucose jumped a little more hence removal of sugary drinks and both numbers have come down without changing other diet. Since my cholesterol is perfect, much to the disbelief of many that know what junk I eat, I didn't want to change diet too much as I believe that variety of foods is better than avoiding some foods altogether.

Keeping details in spreadsheet also enables graphs to be drawn up and the one that I would particularly look at carefully is the PSA. If I see a spike then I'll address that immediately even if the number is well below 'safe' levels as I know of an acquaintance of mine who noticed a sudden increase (but well below level before it gets flagged) discovered that prostate cancer signs were present and was able to treat it real early. It may be too late to address if you wait for the numbers to tell you have a problem if the cancer is aggressive - so the earlier the better.

In summary, and in my opinion only, keep your own records and don't change too much too quick unless you get very regular checks as trying to treat one area may adversely affect another. If you see a sudden change then check with your GP if necessary as he/she is unlikely to have seen that 'spike'. Always get a copy of your blood work. I want to keep enjoying the varieties of meals as long as possible but ensuring not to overindulge in any particular food type.

My blood pressure... A little high.... well I'm a smoker. I guess I should give them up. Good and bad there too but that's another story.

Btw. I'm NOT a doctor. LOL

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
@Strawman Great work and you definitely have the right attitude. All my organ results and blood work were so bad that at one time i was told i would be dead in 6 months unless i went on immediate medications. Within that 6 month period following i returned normal on everything but my bloods which were still very high at that point. Now even the bloods are normal and i can say all extremities function better than normal and i have enjoyed increased senses and greater stamina as well.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
@ Sir Cruiser you are spot on , i have been using a treadmill for a few weeks now but not using the incline function just jet but i am looking @ doing this in about 1 week , depending how my ankle fairs up .
reducing the size of the meal is hard when your used to doing what you do for the past 40 years .

all good and thanks Sir Cruiser :)

enjoy :) :)

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
@ Sir Cruiser you are spot on , i have been using a treadmill for a few weeks now but not using the incline function just jet but i am looking @ doing this in about 1 week , depending how my ankle fairs up .
reducing the size of the meal is hard when your used to doing what you do for the past 40 years .

all good and thanks Sir Cruiser :)

enjoy :) :)
Changing your meals is the hardest thing in my opinion as it is habit and habits like smoking and meals are too much part of our daily routine. I used to smoke over 80 a day before 1990 but was able to stop. Definitely make sure your ankle is okay but doing short walks without putting pressure onto yourself will help.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Changing your meals is the hardest thing in my opinion as it is habit and habits like smoking and meals are too much part of our daily routine. I used to smoke over 80 a day before 1990 but was able to stop. Definitely make sure your ankle is okay but doing short walks without putting pressure onto yourself will help.
correct , i have been doing 5 min walks ( .2 k on the level ) heart rate is up a little, just need to be comfortable with it and then give it a bit more