Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Rose

BBW English Rose Massage
Gold Member
I know i'll get some flack from this but......wouldn't it have been better to have injected the healthy with the virus? Get it out the way like any cold we've had in the past and isolate ourselves for the length of time it takes to get rid of it.
It's not just WL or Massage that are going suffer, it's every other business too and i'm sure some of the guys on this site will find it tough going too.
The longer this goes on for, the longer it's going to take to get back on track at the end of all this.
Stay safe everyone.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
They have considered this, they call it herd immunity:-

As most of the world tries to suppress the coronavirus spread, some countries are going it alone - trying to manage the pandemic through so-called “herd immunity”.
Herd immunity means letting a large number of people catch a disease, and hence develop immunity to it, to stop the virus spreading.
The Netherlands reportedly plans to use herd immunity to combat the coronavirus epidemic, just as Britain retreats from such plans after warnings it could lead to 250,000 deaths.”

dan60

Diamond Member
I know i'll get some flack from this but......wouldn't it have been better to have injected the healthy with the virus? Get it out the way like any cold we've had in the past and isolate ourselves for the length of time it takes to get rid of it.
It's not just WL or Massage that are going suffer, it's every other business too and i'm sure some of the guys on this site will find it tough going too.
The longer this goes on for, the longer it's going to take to get back on track at the end of all this.
Stay safe everyone.
seems like a good idea, but there isn't enough equipment to keep people alive that react badly to the virus.
i am still fuming they didn't close international borders in late january.
i also don't know why they are just reacting instead of being proactive.
they should have locked down everything 2 weeks ago, and i mean everything, then we would be way ahead of the game.
and none of this "were all in this together" shit adverts on tv with home and away stars smiling at you.
they might as well put a picture of 2 fluffy kittens on the tv.
they need some graphic footage to show these idiots it's not a joke.
latest hotspots are probably supermarkets and centrelinks.
i am hearing real reports from friends in UK, it aint pretty.

dan60

Diamond Member
birmingham airport - hanger turned into a morgue for 1500 bodies.
in wales - mate just said they converted 2 buildings, one as 'death rooms' for the elderly who will die because of no ventilators (ventilators being used for younger victims in hospital) and the other as a morgue.
perth better wake up before it's too late.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
What if...it is so easy to talk after the event. a country the size of Australia they needed the time, hopefully after all over we will realise we only need one government in this day and age and turn our state governments into head councils that look after the property of the state that way we get one law for all Australians.

dan60

Diamond Member
well it was pretty clear by jan 23rd
What if...it is so easy to talk after the event. a country the size of Australia they needed the time, hopefully after all over we will realise we only need one government in this day and age and turn our state governments into head councils that look after the property of the state that way we get one law for all Australians.
well it was pretty clear by jan 23rd that isolation was the answer to the inevitable.
being an island, i would have thought this was our main chance.
anyway, that chance has long gone.
i kinda like the way the gov/states are run, sure there are federal/state laws that could be tidied up.
but on the whole, happy we can apply local legislation that suits us, instead of someone from canberra telling us what to do.

Madmax1700

Legend Member
Stay safe everyone.
Lol ...... Einstein moment there. The only flaw is unlike the cold the death rate is much higher with this.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tania Admin

Some perfectly healthy people have died too. Also would everyone be screened 100% to make sure they had no underlying health issues? I didn't know I had a lung disease until I went and had an CT scan for back pain.
I really don't think this would be a good idea personally.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Some perfectly healthy people have died too. Also would everyone be screened 100% to make sure they had no underlying health issues? I didn't know I had a lung disease until I went and had an CT scan for back pain.
I really don't think this would be a good idea personally.

I have recently have had CT/MRI Scans and Xrays of my whole body all came back perfect. Found a few little issues in my neck but all okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.