• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Coronavirus, is China bluffing about outbreak ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SilverSurfer44

Xmas island , not much hospital

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SilverSurfer44

I've always been scared of bats. Ive read articles scratches from them can and do kill humans by a particular virus relatively rarely in australia but does happen

dan60

Diamond Member
Scott Morrison decided to charge $1,000 per head to be brought into a detention camp for 14 days and dumped in Perth to find their own way home. Well done.
so tell us, what would you do to stop returning tourists or visitors entering the country and spreading the virus?
maybe we should just let it run rampant, after all, it only kills about 1% to 2%
that would be just 250000 to 500000 in australia.

Last edited:
S

SilverSurfer44

I hope xmas island wont be a burial place

S

SilverSurfer44

China's the problem atm, hopefully no punting cases out there, otherwise big trouble in littld china

xypohsl

Silver Member
because with chinese building standards and materials, it will probably look like this in 2 years
View attachment 86613

Interesting photo. Sure. You don't know or update your knowledge about China now. You are taking a part for the whole. Have you got any proof that the photo you post here was taken from China which built two years ago? If so, which building company in China built it? Was this building company registered with professional organisation in China? Were they approved to build this building? Do you have Chinese Building Standards to compare with Western Standards? In other words, do you know Australian Building Standards? Do you know the number of (or %) building materials Australia and other Western Countries import from China each year?

The house you are living now might use all materials from China. You should confirm it with your builder immediately. Better start to find which houses built not use any materials from China including materials for sewer system and electricity system, etc. If those system got problems, you know what would happen!! No details to provide.

Yes. We are free to post what we like but still this is public forums. Have to watch up what we post carefully based on the facts especial with some sensitivity tops. We are still responsible for what we say. Try not to malicious slander other countries and any individuals from allover the world. We are not medium or politicians. We all know what they do, don't we? :)

Thanks TS provides an amazing platform for members to exchange ideas socially, share punting experiences, etc. My lazy brain become active slowly. Hopefully, I wouldn't catch Alzheimer's disease when I am getting old. 😂

dan60

Diamond Member
meanwhile, in the DRC, the 2018-19 kivu ebola epidemic kills 2224 out of 3240 confirmed cases.
figures from WHO, not brenda in accounts on faecesbook
yes folks, that's 68% strike rate.
now that's scary

dan60

Diamond Member
Interesting photo. Sure. You don't know or update your knowledge about China now. You are taking a part for the whole. Have you got any proof that the photo you post here was taken from China which built two years ago? If so, which building company in China built it? Was this building company registered with professional organisation in China? Were they approved to build this building? Do you have Chinese Building Standards to compare with Western Standards? In other words, do you know Australian Building Standards? Do you know the number of (or %) building materials Australia and other Western Countries import from China each year?

The house you are living now might use all materials from China. You should confirm it with your builder immediately. Better start to find which houses built not use any materials from China including materials for sewer system and electricity system, etc. If those system got problems, you know what would happen!! No details to provide.

Yes. We are free to post what we like but still this is public forums. Have to watch up what we post carefully based on the facts especial with some sensitivity tops. We are still responsible for what we say. Try not to malicious slander other countries and any individuals from allover the world. We are not medium or politicians. We all know what they do, don't we? :)

Thanks TS provides an amazing platform for members to exchange ideas socially, share punting experiences, etc. My lazy brain become active slowly. Hopefully, I wouldn't catch Alzheimer's disease when I am getting old. 😂
FFS the photo was a joke, maybe i should have put a big smiley next to it.
but while we are on the subject, china is probably the biggest culprit in global counterfeiting, which is uncontrolled by their gov.
building materials arrive here in australia with the aus/nz compliances but continue to fail. (eg glass at the arena and NIB stadium)
most things from there are cheap but not that robust.
do i use any screw or bolt fastenings supplied with chinese goods? no way
they are very likely to shear off when tightened (personal experience good enough?)
it's great that tools are cheap, just use them until they break then buy a replacement.
but who cares they can supply contaminated drywall, and not forgetting the asbestos contaminated roof tiles in the perth hospital.
TBH if i was having a new house built with metal frames, structural steel, roof etc i would be questioning where the materials came from.

smarquin

Diamond Member
Unfortunately Australia don't make any building materials anymore .... we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. That's why for example the new water pipe for homes and commercials are contaminated with lead .. they made in China.

We as consumers are to be blame too sometimes we look for cheapest ..

Cunnilingusman

Bronze Member
My Aunt is in China now. She said when she arrived citizens were still very relaxed about it. Now there are constant updates on the tv about the situation and figures. She going to be quarantined on Christmas Island on her way back to Perth. Ironically Christmas Island is where we grew up

S

SilverSurfer44

Ebola was not in dense population, way, way reduced jungle not mass chineses_

coolstar

Silver Member
Unfortunately Australia don't make any building materials anymore .... we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. That's why for example the new water pipe for homes and commercials are contaminated with lead .. they made in China.

We as consumers are to be blame too sometimes we look for cheapest ..

You are definitely right about "we look for cheapest ". But I would make a bit change: "we are looking for the cheapest products in China but not the best products in China".

There is a really story. My two mates bought lands and built their own houses back ages ago. They decided to import some materials from China together to save some transport fees. One paid the materials 4 times higher than another one. Few years later, the cheap one start rusted. In contrast, the expensive were still like new. What I am saying. We pay what we get.

My Chinese friends told me that State-owned enterprise strictly enforce China National Industry Standards. Both the products' qualities and prices are higher than some small private companies. If ones wants a good quality of products, they have to find right companies and pay the right prices. Same same in every country. Simply say we cannot pay lower price for the drink with higher ALC/VOL. I like drinks anyway. 😜

smarquin

Diamond Member
You are definitely right about "we look for cheapest ". But I would make a bit change: "we are looking for the cheapest products in China but not the best products in China".

There is a really story. My two mates bought lands and built their own houses back ages ago. They decided to import some materials from China together to save some transport fees. One paid the materials 4 times higher than another one. Few years later, the cheap one start rusted. In contrast, the expensive were still like new. What I am saying. We pay what we get.

My Chinese friends told me that State-owned enterprise strictly enforce China National Industry Standards. Both the products' qualities and prices are higher than some small private companies. If ones wants a good quality of products, they have to find right companies and pay the right prices. Same same in every country. Simply say we cannot pay lower price for the drink with higher ALC/VOL. I like drinks anyway. 😜
Yes, what you pay is what you get ... BUT in my working experience, Chinese company like to falsify quality control certificates .. that's the dilemma regardless you are buy low grade or high grade.

Jay01

Bronze Member
There was a Chinese nurse that was interviewed a couple of days ago. They hid her face and name. But according to her, the actual number of affected people is 10 times more than what’s been reported.

also, they believe the origin of the virus was not actually bats, but in fact snakes.

smarquin

Diamond Member
China can built hospital in a massive scale within 10 days but cannot manage to instill health and safety in their food industries. They didn't learn from SARS.

S

SilverSurfer44

The mode of transmission is the scary thing !? Fast ,
89 million in DRC according to some reports, that's where the current outbreak is (kiva outbreak)
DRC is only a quarter size of china though.

Democratic Republic Of Congo is 89million, china is like 1400, 15 times bigger. This virus is aggresive transmission mode airborne round 6 meters they think, a windy day maybe more like 10 meters, from a dirty bat, leaving contamination on surface areas just the tiniest of particles, could be just hitting skin and infecting too. Showing potential to rip and tear through massive persons numbers. China can't really be trusted with statements, comin' up to 10 000 cases could be up to 30 000, making there way to 100 000 and 3000 dead. They have no transparency, and completely untrue. Its been round some say since late September with no containment........some other country new cases. Looking like maybe lots of sick persons, what happens when someone walks around a shopping centre and sneezes, ah chew off popped the champayne bottle

Down boy

Gold Member
not Discounting how serious the coronavirus is. Just putting into perspective. 1.3 million people die in car accidents on average per year. If that was a new statistic would you get in a car?

dan60

Diamond Member
The mode of transmission is the scary thing !? Fast ,

Democratic Republic Of Congo is 89million, china is like 1400, 15 times bigger. This virus is aggresive transmission mode airborne round 6 meters they think, a windy day maybe more like 10 meters, from a dirty bat, leaving contamination on surface areas just the tiniest of particles, could be just hitting skin and infecting too. Showing potential to rip and tear through massive persons numbers. China can't really be trusted with statements, comin' up to 10 000 cases could be up to 30 000, making there way to 100 000 and 3000 dead. They have no transparency, and completely untrue. Its been round some say since late September with no containment........some other country new cases. Looking like maybe lots of sick persons, what happens when someone walks around a shopping centre and sneezes, ah chew off popped the champayne bottle
yep sorry, i got my millions and billions mixed up :banghead:

S

SilverSurfer44

not Discounting how serious the coronavirus is. Just putting into perspective. 1.3 million people die in car accidents on average per year. If that was a new statistic would you get in a car?
So , So true, great point and bad , bad injuries, World Health Organization has stated a major mover in death worldwide. Australian media has previously reported they don't really know what our road fatalities are through lack of communication. Asia and motorbikes have been complete carnage for Aussies and everyone, I seen footage in India people not even wearing helmets in India the other day during a cricket break.
Aids world wide is 32 million since it started. .

S

SilverSurfer44

meanwhile, in the DRC, the 2018-19 kivu ebola epidemic kills 2224 out of 3240 confirmed cases.
figures from WHO, not brenda in accounts on faecesbook
yes folks, that's 68% strike rate.
now that's scary
Ebola had real potential, lacked the strong mode of transmission like this coronavirus being airborne and not bodily fluids. Aids started suspected from Chimpanzees eating Monkey then humans eating the Chimpanzees in 1920, that's a while ago and slow possibly an aids like strain during the black death plague around 1330. One article is saying after that perhaps 10% of European populations, especially Denmark 20 % and Russian parts 16% just wont get Aids, could be higher if science is wrong ! Some caucasian s might just not get diseases of any or less for this resistance reason. Some other reading is saying Herpes is high but no symptoms. Google if you like 'did black death give europeans immunity to aids' plenty to read.

The asian populations didnt experience the black death plague, they wont have the resistance to anything hitting the immune system like the caucasian do. Coronavirus will do more harm there.

S

SilverSurfer44

If 10% percent caucasian resistant to Aids, maybe 30% and 40 % strong resistance to infection, Coronavirus will do nothing to Europeans descendants, Australia will be resistive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.