Compliments

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

switch28

I have a question for the ladies (and also to the gents too), is it creepy to get a compliments from a stranger? If not what is acceptable?

An example, I saw a girl at my local coffee shop this morning who I thought looked really cute. I know it's different for everyone, but if it was you would you find it weird that a total stranger said "I just wanted to say I thought you looked really cute today"

V

Volup2usDayna

No way!!! I love getting compliments, its not weird at all and I love giving as much as receiving. It builds confidence in a person and makes you feel good too. I think more people should do it. The only trouble with people these days is learning how to take a compliment, I simply say "thank you"and leave it at that.

C

Curious1

Problem with giving a compliment is the misreading of it.
Often if you give a girl a comment, she will instantly expect you want to sleep with her....and thats probably the case....but sometimes its not...it can be genuine.

I once met a girl who had the most sensational eyes and gorgeous bright white teeth matched to a sweet smile....i went up and told her that i thought these features were very nice and suited her! She replied with something about me not being able to sleep with her because i was 'being too smooth' and using words to get her in bed so i basically told her to get over self, i was not smooth...i am the most unromantic bloke she would ever meet and if i wanted a root, i would not have picked her as she didnt look like the 'easy type' if you know what i mean.
And guess who went home with her that night? ;P

But the comment in the first place was a genuine compliment.....i just wanted her to know that the areas she put attention into to make them look the best they could, like her teeth, had worked very very well.
Love a girl with a nice smile :)

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
I found this thread very interesting. Because I am no sexy stud I can give compliments until the cows come home and sex will never be on their mind. I remember once when I was younger and looked very young and sweet I did my best to let the lady know I wanted to have sex with her. No luck as she thought I was just a sweet young kid not realizing what he was saying.

Even today most ladies see me as a sweet little old man who would never think about sex. It has its advantages but alas no happy endings.
:walk:

C

Curious1

I did my best to let the lady know I wanted to have sex with her. No luck as she thought I was just a sweet young kid not realizing what he was saying.

Even today most ladies see me as a sweet little old man who would never think about sex. It has its advantages but alas no happy endings.

Its a fine line being 'sweet' while having some arrogance and confidence to it as aswell.
Bluegrass, what do you say when you compliment these women? And are they young ditzy girls, or proper mature women? :)
I would not waste my time on younger girls...mature women (30+) are far better company...and not just talking about the sex....even just to drink and chat with....and they will also take a compliment much better.

C

Curious1

Heres a suggestion to let them know your thinking of sex.....leave your fly down and slowly and sexy like move your hips in a prevocative motion while standing at the bar and maintaining eye contact.... it might work.....or might not. (probably not but if it does work, let me know ;D )

C

corneus

Heres a suggestion to let them know your thinking of sex.....leave your fly down and slowly and sexy like move your hips in a prevocative motion while standing at the bar and maintaining eye contact.... it might work.....or might not. (probably not but if it does work, let me know )

Should I have my giblets hanging out, or leave them in with just a tantalising hint of my enormous package showing to provoke her desire? ::)

Anyway, I'm going to try it tonight. I'll call you from the emergency department and let you know how it went! :wav:

svengali

Foundation Member
Handing out compliments spontaneously can be fun and I have never managed to offend anyone this way.

One of my best efforts was a complete accident. I was walking past a quite exclusive ladies' dress shop in a streetfront setting and a dress in the window caught my attention. I cupped my hands around my face to lose the reflection on the glass and peered at it but when I looked past the window into the shop there were half a dozen women looking back at me. One, in the centre was wearing a gorgeous and probably hideously expensive dress but was barefoot, having obviously just put it on and come out to show her girlfriends.

What to do??

I smiled at the lady in the centre, looked her up and down then nodded approvingly and gave her a thumbs up. She and her girlfriends cracked up laughing and I went on my way. I wonder if she bought that dress??

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Thank you for all the help.

I believe maybe I should just add tissues to my crutch instead. If the lady is upset I am not the man she thought I was there will be tissues handy for her to use.

And as she grabs a tissue I could comment on what beautiful hands she has.

C

Curious1

Thank you for all the help.

I believe maybe I should just add tissues to my crutch instead. If the lady is upset I am not the man she thought I was there will be tissues handy for her to use.

And as she grabs a tissue I could comment on what beautiful hands she has.

Now theres the attitude i like to see! LOL
Remember, the glass is half full! :D

C

Curious1

Should I have my giblets hanging out, or leave them in with just a tantalising hint of my enormous package showing to provoke her desire? ::)

Anyway, I'm going to try it tonight. I'll call you from the emergency department and let you know how it went! :wav:

So no report back as to how this worked.
I forsee one of 2 things have happened:

1: It worked and he is still shacked up with some hussy with no intention of getting out of bed anytime soon.

2: It didnt work and he is MIA and will never be seen again

G

girl99

i love compliments .... even if they are overly sexual or recieved the wrong way they have a lingering effect and can put a smile on my face an hour later

C

Curious1

i love compliments .... even if they are overly sexual or recieved the wrong way they have a lingering effect and can put a smile on my face an hour later

If you have a nice smile ill compliment you all day :)

If i compliment a girl in a bar or whatever, id love for her to hang around and have a chat over a drink or 2 just to be friendly! That would make giving the compliment rewarding. :)

T

TemptMe

So much depends on the context...time and place, delivery etc....Some compliments may leave one unimpressed!!!

G

girl99

You mean like 'nice shoes, wanna f**k?' :dontknow:

that will always go over like a lead balloon, you will end up with a slapped face or have a drink poured over you.

still though will give me a laugh a while later

S

switch28

I was out at lunch yesterday, tried my dammedness to find someone to compliment, but everyone looked too grumpy! Seen a really cute girl last night, but not sure how well "You have the most amazing legs I have ever seen" would go down :)

C

Curious1

I was out at lunch yesterday, tried my dammedness to find someone to compliment, but everyone looked too grumpy! Seen a really cute girl last night, but not sure how well "You have the most amazing legs I have ever seen" would go down :)

Complimenting the legs may be viewed negatively....however why not just tell her you think she is cute? :)

And maybe complimenting a grumpy person will brighten their day and make them ungrumpy?

C

corneus

Well, I tried with the giblets out, and it brought a smile to her face. The she pointed and laughed. Not sure what that was all about...

::)

T

TemptMe

Are you sure she was laughing and not looking downright disgusted???

Attachments

• stock-photo-giblets-on-a-white-plate-20671249.jpg
    stock-photo-giblets-on-a-white-plate-20671249.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 8
C

Curious1

Well, I tried with the giblets out, and it brought a smile to her face. The she pointed and laughed. Not sure what that was all about...

::)

Maybe she was laughing at your shoe lace being untied? Or you had spilt some milk on your jeans or something?

C

Curious1

I saw a girl on the train this morning, truely attractive so i though id give her a wink to let her know my thoughts....so i did. As she walked past me to get off the train she whispered in my ear 'id take you more serious if you werent drunk'...to which i replied 'i did mean it, and im not drunk, im hungover'.
She had a chuckle, we exchanged smiles, and got off the train. I think ill have to catch the train again to see if she is a regular :D

Oh and when i got to the office i had a look in the mirror and my eyes do show 'drunkeness' so ill be wearing dark glasses in future. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.