Tania Smiley

*****Admin***** Smiles Are Contagious
Staff member
Gold Member
I'm not kidding, cold showers are bliss for me. The sad part is I live in Darwin :(
BUT, as I live rural I was lucky enough to have my 1st cold shower, this morning, of the 2024 Dry Season.
It was amazing.

There are actually benefits to having cold showers (They do not relieve sexual frustration as they actually get the blood pumping)/

And let's face it, chicks look hot in a cold shower, goose bumps and pointy nipples.

Cold therapy is the practice of immersing oneself in cold water. Its origins can be traced back to Ancient Greece and was used primarily for relaxation and socialization purposes.

Once our skin adapts to the cold temperature, we get a surge of “feel good” hormones such as dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins which will leave us feeling happy, relaxed, and mentally rejuvenated after a cold shower.

The Benefits

• Reduce inflammation and swelling.
  • Reduce chronic pain in joints and muscle soreness.
  • Boost your immune system.
  • Promote overall improved health.
  • Improved metabolism and healthy weight loss.
  • Improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
  • Help fight symptoms of depression.

Source: https://www.vogue.com/article/cold-shower-benefits

Channelle

Legend Member
I too have lived in Darwin ... and the tepid 'cold' showers are very much more manageable than those of the more southern cities.

Tania Smiley

*****Admin***** Smiles Are Contagious
Staff member
Gold Member
I too have lived in Darwin ... and the tepid 'cold' showers are very much more manageable than those of the more southern cities.
Oh no!
There are 3 things I miss from down South:
Family
Swimming in Rivers, The Beach & like anywhere there is water that doesn't have to be checked for crocodiles (Yes I own one, she is sweet)
&

Very Cold Showers...... Oh How I love Thee...