Chat Room Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I have decided that we are not going to reopen the chat room.It discourages members from posting, and reading my brillant contrubutions.Sorry to all did enjoy it, I am sure there are many others you can meet in.
Serena can you please delete the Link.

Fudd

Foundation Member
......what a shame, I thought it actually encouraged members to post. Maybe the site stats paint a different picture...oh well :)

svengali

Foundation Member
Dunno about that, Fudd. Most times when I logged on to chat there was no-one home. I believe bulletin boards offer a better standard of "conversation" and members seem to post longer and better thought out replies on them rather than the one-liners commonly found in chat rooms.

S

Spunkymunky

Sometimes i found it empty. However other times it was full of people all chatting away. I used to like it but i am happy either way :)

S

sophie316

Chat Vs Conversation

I'm going to have to agree with Mary-Anne. I think having the forum as the only method of communication will encourage a deeper discourse from members (as Svengali pointed out) due to the nature of "posting" a conversation starter as opposed to one line chats that are forgotten as soon as they leave the view of the screen.

We could always think of it as our creation of a (somewhat) permanent artefact of OUR culture :read2:

Sophie x

Fudd

Foundation Member
Dunno about that, Fudd. Most times when I logged on to chat there was no-one home. I believe bulletin boards offer a better standard of "conversation" and members seem to post longer and better thought out replies on them rather than the one-liners commonly found in chat rooms.

......as usual, Sven, your point is on the money. For me, I enjoyed chatting (when there was someone in the room) but, as spunkymunky said, I'm fine either way.

Regards
Fudd :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Hello All,
I am home for a few days and I will be very busy but intend to go to LP's this Saturday around 11pm with a group of friends, love to catch up with members of the forum if they get a chance to go. Ring the new owner you might get a special price if you are first timers to the club. Just say Mary-Anne said....This is the last week I can do this as Rob & Jessie purchase the club lock, stock and barrel very shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.