• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Bronze Silver & Gold, Legends Memberships Changing

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
I have decided to be a Gold member you need 250 posts instead of 100 posts. I know this will upset some members but the forum is not about titles or points its about saying hello to a stranger, talking across the fence like we did when we were a kid, its about paying it forward, hoping our advice will help someone else.
Deal with it and enjoy.
Bronze until 25 posts
Silver until 250 posts
Gold until 500 posts
then Legends.
I have been thinking of adding platinum in between gold and legends I will advise if I make this change as Legends will then need 2000 posts for their status.

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
Have to agree with the lower end changes. However wouldn't you just go 750 platinum 1000 Legends (Personally I don't really want to be demoted retrospectively at all). 2000 posts may mean a lot of s#@t may get dribbled just to get there.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
I also think a lot of us lost "post points' when the forum was cleaned up.
I am a legend in my own lunchtime - does that count :p

scavenger

Gold Member
I prefer silver to gold, anyways I think I was a fake gold, almost had it thrust upon me , not worthy! Also I seemed to have picked up a quick 20 bonus trophey points, which also doesn't sit well as I wore my low average with honour, & as a reminder of how tough life really is. Thank you for your corporation.

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Beammista at this point I have no idea how these bonus points work, once the forum is cleaned up I will work it out and see if we can use them for anything, maybe a poker game online, until then I wouldn't worry about them and enjoy the forum.

svengali

Foundation Member
I take part in a few bulletin boards and can honestly say I do not have a clue how many posts I have made on any of them or what "status" I have. I post when I feel I have something worth contributing and what keeps me coming back is reading funny/useful/interesting posts and threads, not the hope of getting a few more points.

The "likes" etc were a very good change as they offer a quick and easy way to acknowledge a good post or disagree with someone without needing to post. I also find the new look of the forum is fresher - perhaps it is a good idea to give it a facelift every now and again just to keep it interesting although, really, it is the content which is most important.

scavenger

Gold Member
Beammista at this point I have no idea how these bonus points work, once the forum is cleaned up I will work it out and see if we can use them for anything, maybe a poker game online, until then I wouldn't worry about them and enjoy the forum.
I'm sure as heck not worrying about them thanks Mary-Ann, and yeah I sure do enjoy the Forum in me own dumbass fashion.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
I take part in a few bulletin boards and can honestly say I do not have a clue how many posts I have made on any of them or what "status" I have. I post when I feel I have something worth contributing and what keeps me coming back is reading funny/useful/interesting posts and threads, not the hope of getting a few more points.

The "likes" etc were a very good change as they offer a quick and easy way to acknowledge a good post or disagree with someone without needing to post. I also find the new look of the forum is fresher - perhaps it is a good idea to give it a facelift every now and again just to keep it interesting although, really, it is the content which is most important.
i totally agree with svengali , the forum is about the content and not the amount of posts ( like youngins with " how many FB friends they have ")

enjoy the forum

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
I think we have FB here only the F isn't face :)

MikeB

Legend Member
Perhaps this would be a good place to expand also on the Trophies system? Do they bear any relation ship to the membership levels?

What is their purpose? Does a member actually get anything for being awarded/achieving a Trophy, or is it just another "virtual" accolade?

Qwe12

Bronze Member
Have to agree with the lower end changes. However wouldn't you just go 750 platinum 1000 Legends (Personally I don't really want to be demoted retrospectively at all). 2000 posts may mean a lot of s#@t may get dribbled just to get there.
Yep makes sense