Blast From The Past.181's Brothel Kalgoorlie. Our Accommodation🤣😂

T

Tania Admin

So when I was in Kalgoorlie 1992, 1993 and beginning of 1994 our accomodation was Donga's.

20200427_101255_1587948479812.jpg

I had a permanent room because I was pretty much a permanent fixture for about 18 months. So I had done some decorating. Pictures of hot guy's, glow stars all over the roof, stereo and my own linen etc. Just made it a bit more homey.

20200427_101456_1587948585235.jpg

One of my friends there at the time was a bit of a permanent fixture too and had her Donga decked out as well.

(Pic is Me in Jo's Donga)
View attachment 96730

T

Tania Admin

So Funny story.

Jo and I had adjoining donga rooms. So one morning when we got back from partying at Harry's Nightclub and the Foundry we got sick of having to get out of bed to grab a ciggy (if one us us ran out) and or to pass things to each other (we shared a mobile phone) lighters, make-up etc.

So we had a braniac idea!

We cut a hole in the donga wall!
20200427_101312_1587948419159.jpg

It was a bitch of a job and we were both so itchy after because of the insulation but we achieved our goal! We thought we were geniuses!

20200427_101232_1587948367308.jpg

We hid our handy work behind poster's on our walls. It worked for us for months. Then one day Jo and I headed back to Perth and we were not going to be back for 6 weeks so we took all our stuff with us,,,except 1 poster in each donga.

Needless to say we got an abusive phone call from Leigh and she fined us both $1000 each for the damage to the wall (which we both thought was a bit steep), and took it out of our money that was owed to us....

Oooops. That was an expensive hole in the wall...

Looking back it's still pretty hilarious though. Gee we were naughty,,,not bad bad,, just naughty 🤣😂🤣😂

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
So Funny story.

Jo and I had adjoining donga rooms. So one morning when we got back from partying at Harry's Nightclub and the Foundry we got sick of having to get out of bed to grab a ciggy (if one us us ran out) and or to pass things to each other (we shared a mobile phone) lighters, make-up etc.

So we had a braniac idea!

We cut a hole in the donga wall!
View attachment 96731

It was a bitch of a job and we were both so itchy after because of the insulation but we achieved our goal! We thought we were geniuses!

View attachment 96732

We hid our handy work behind poster's on our walls. It worked for us for months. Then one day Jo and I headed back to Perth and we were not going to be back for 6 weeks so we took all our stuff with us,,,except 1 poster in each donga.

Needless to say we got an abusive phone call from Leigh and she fined us both $1000 each for the damage to the wall (which we both thought was a bit steep), and took it out of our money that was owed to us....

Oooops. That was an expensive hole in the wall...

Looking back it's still pretty hilarious though. Gee we were naughty,,,not bad bad,, just naughty 🤣😂🤣😂
It was steep and arbitrary .

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
So when I was in Kalgoorlie 1992, 1993 and beginning of 1994 our accomodation was Donga's.

View attachment 96728

I had a permanent room because I was pretty much a permanent fixture for about 18 months. So I had done some decorating. Pictures of hot guy's, glow stars all over the roof, stereo and my own linen etc. Just made it a bit more homey.

View attachment 96729

One of my friends there at the time was a bit of a permanent fixture too and had her Donga decked out as well.

View attachment 96730
Not bad sorry I missed you .

Obbie

Legend Member

View attachment 96728

View attachment 96729

View attachment 96730
I had my first paying experience here 36 years ago !! You use to get a warm wash in the bowl water 🤪 apparently some guys wouldn’t last past the wash if the lady had the knack for it 😂😂