Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
Do you still make a point to enjoy and celebrate your birthday? Or if not at which point did you stop?

Did you notice any anxiety when researching certain age milestones and was/is getting older as bad as you thought it would be?

Happy2

Legend Member
I still enjoy birthdays at 52
But 40 Uh Uh that one was a bitch but 50 was a breeze

Must be resigned to my fate I am not allowed to book with Ginger :banghead::banghead:

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I still enjoy birthdays at 52
But 40 Uh Uh that one was a bitch but 50 was a breeze

Must be resigned to my fate I am not allowed to book with Ginger :banghead::banghead:

I guess there is such thing as use by date...or best before your 40th birthday. Still valid one day before turning 40?

Dallas

Legend Member
When I had a partner, we would go out for my birthday but I stopped when I was on my own because singing "happy birthday to me" doesn't feel right. I did enjoy birthdays when I was a teenager and you got presents, but now it just seems like celebrating being one year closer to dying and one more reminder that you're less desirable in a society that celebrates youth and wealth, rather than getting older. Like people send you a special card every year with a glittery number on it, to remind you and tell you how pleased they are yet you go for a job and the smaller you can make that number the better your chances, why can't people send you a card with a smaller number on it and help your job prospects? and also the larger that number the more doctors want to prod and poke you but the less ginger wants to :rolleyes:

Happy2

Legend Member
When I had a partner, we would go out for my birthday but I stopped when I was on my own because singing "happy birthday to me" doesn't feel right. I did enjoy birthdays when I was a teenager and you got presents, but now it just seems like celebrating being one year closer to dying and one more reminder that you're less desirable in a society that celebrates youth and wealth, rather than getting older. Like people send you a special card every year with a glittery number on it, to remind you and tell you how pleased they are yet you go for a job and the smaller you can make that number the better your chances, why can't people send you a card with a smaller number on it and help your job prospects? and also the larger that number the more doctors want to prod and poke you but the less ginger wants to :rolleyes:
And the saddest birthdays are when you see someone at a restaurant with a card or cake sitting by themselves Only seen it once

My wife with her heart of flint ended up asking him to join us

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
i like to go out for my birthdays , only if someone comes along to enjoy it with me . otherwise i will stay home and cook something nice for myself

Last edited:

Jake "monas"

Silver Member
I celebrate other people's birthdays, but I don't bother with my own to me it's just another day I just personally don't get what's so special about it.

David15

Bronze Member
No,
Do you still make a point to enjoy and celebrate your birthday? Or if not at which point did you stop?

Did you notice any anxiety when researching certain age milestones and was/is getting older as bad as you thought it would be?

I never liked my birthday, always wished I had never taken the first breath until I as about 35ish.....