• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Be honest... who has had road rage before??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Was driving home on the freeway tonight when the speed went suddenly from 100kph - 40kph and then to almost a crawl.
The reason... ROADWORKS. :boxing:
I noticed a couple weeks ago on the way to Perth that they had big signs warning about parts of the freeway being closed for the bike ride so that was fine but if they could warn you in advance about that, then why not tonights episode?? I do understand that they need to do upgrades once in a while but please a bit more courtesy and give everybody some warning next time.

So what is it that makes your blood boil when driving??

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 4

I thought that was one of the reasons those large electronic signs went up so people could be warned of such things!! obviously not.

My road pet peeve/s is tailgater's, although everyone kinda seems like a tailgater to me coz i have a little bubble box, and merging! i swear no one in Perth knows how to merge lanes! everyone slows right down and doesn't know whether to get in front of a car or not; and then some people are rude and wont let you in.

I let people in when ever i can, Karma will get ya and i know next time i need to do the same thing someone will for me.

xxSarahxx

W

WRXXR

Agreed! Merging is the worst part about driving the freeways in the mornings and its the reason why the freeway is shit.

People who hog the right lane are a close second!

svengali

Foundation Member
Yep, merging would have to be the thing Perth drivers are worst at.

When I visited Sydney it was a real eyeopener. Plenty of Freeways with plenty of on-ramps which are fairly short with only around 200m of merging space. Everyone backs off and double-spaces on the approach and the two lanes just zipper together as neat as you like with a drop of around 5ks'. 40odd years of driving and that was the first time I had seen merging done that way.

Of course, it helps if all the drivers are awake and looking where they are going which is another pet peeve about Perth drivers........

Fudd

Foundation Member
Drivers using their mobile phones - have come close to being knocked off my bike by drivers yapping on the phone.

Drivers barging into busy lanes - these clowns wont queue up in a particular lane during peak hour but will drive up the next lane and then push into the busy lane.

Drivers stopping a car length or more at stop lights - nothing strange, but why to they on average creep forward a couple of times. Why not just pull up behind the car in front and stop?

Drivers turning right/left in a left/right turn only (respectively) lane - are you that crazy????

Fudd

Happy2

Legend Member
I live out in the sticks, but recently had to take a truck down to the big smoke.
It may be imaginitus but Perth drivers a very courteous to us country boys driving a decent sized rig. If i wanted to change lanes everone just politely let me through
What road rage? You Perthites are lovely

livinlife

Silver Member
I'm constantly in rage hah.

Can't believe how slow drivers on the road can be. Most will take a few seconds hesistating whether to change lanes after you slowing down to let them through.

Agreeing with WRXXR, right hand lane hoggers!!! @#$!@^!@#^ keep to the left if u're going to drive at 90 ppl.

Tannerone

Gold Member
I think a lot of the problems with Perth drivers is that they seem to have the "me" syndrome. This means that they don't anticipate what is happening on the road (particularly at traffic lights and merging), don't indicate because "you should know where I'm going" and suddenly change lanes because they have either decided to go somewhere else or dont look where they actually are.
I suppose what I am saying is that a large number should really be on Public Transport as they are a danger when in charge themselves.

B

BigBlackCock

There's a difference between road RAGE and road ANNOYANCE.

RAGE is where you get out and attack someone or attack someone from behind the wheel.

Annoyance can be anything from suffering as a result of fools who pull out in front of you without warning to changing lanes without signals to not acknowledging you with a wave when you do them the courtesy of giving way.

Thankfully road RAGE is still not a huge factor unlike let's says the US where people carry tasers to baseball bats to the odd gun and use it. It is getting reported more here in the media as they crop up more often in the streets of Perth which is worrying.

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 4

quite right bigblackcock, rage and annoyance are different! i've never actually seen road RAGE, just people yelling in their cars and beeping horns.

Another 'annoyance' of mine is people not letting buses in! It says on the back of then BUSES HAVE RIGHT OF WAY; or something like that.
Also not using indicators!!!! Just pulling in front of you or turning with no indication.

A swear if half the people of Perth roads had to do a driving test again they wouldn't pass

xxSarahxx

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alecia the Foxx

It is now illegal in NZ to talk on the phone or text when you are driving.

I agree with the texting thing, texting while driving is seriously stupid (which is not to say that I haven't done it.)

However, I don't agree that talking on the phone is anywhere as dangerous as texting, and it seems that most legislation makers in the USA agree with me. There are only about 2 states in America which have made talking on the phone illegal because they concede that there are other distractions which people engage in while driving which are more dangerous. I can tell you right now what 2 of them are; eating while driving, and smoking while driving. I personally know a girl who was smoking while driving when she was 17, and she took her eyes off the road for a second or so to light a fag and she caused an accident and killed a person in another car. So I think smoking while driving should be illegal, but then, I don't smoke.

And I admit to having nearly driven up someone's ass a couple of times while sinking my teeth into a donut, so that should probably be on the banned list too.

But I still talk on the phone while driving, and I notice that so do the police officers. Ha ha. :laughing4

Last edited by a moderator:

svengali

Foundation Member
How about those Muzz Buzz shops springing up along the main roads?

Always some halfwit decides at the last minute to stop for a caffiene fix and stands on his/her brakes to turn into one causing chaos.

Come to think of it, if a mobile 'phone is a distraction how about half a pint of scalding coffee landing in your lap??

Happy2

Legend Member
I know back in my smoking days (long gone thank god). i used to roll my own while
driving Thats a no-no but the worst is when the tip falls off and into your lap.
Could have used some of your cooled off coffee svengali

F

Farm Boy

I live out in the sticks, but recently had to take a truck down to the big smoke.
It may be imaginitus but Perth drivers a very courteous to us country boys driving a decent sized rig. If i wanted to change lanes everone just politely let me through
What road rage? You Perthites are lovely

City people are very kind to lost Cockys driving P76's HJ47s G88s and RR s (Rural RR are not Roll's Royce's rather Rusty and Rooted )

J

Jade18yo

I have developed severe road rage in two months since moving to Perth for the following reasons

1. Hardly anyone EVER indicates, or if they do it is too late for other motorists to react, get ready to slam on your brakes.
2. Peoples inability to look in rear view mirrors while merging, or people speeding up to try and overtake one car before lanes merge, YOU ONLY GET ONE CAR FURTHER IN FRONT ..IDIOT
3. People that cannot stay in one lane until they need to exit and hop between trying to get in a faster moving lane, which just slows down ALL the traffic

Not to say that i am the best or most experienced driver, but at least i am cautious and dont drive around with my head up my arse thinking i am the only one on the road

A

Alecia the Foxx

I have developed severe road rage in two months since moving to Perth for the following reasons

1. Hardly anyone EVER indicates, or if they do it is too late for other motorists to react, get ready to slam on your brakes.
2. Peoples inability to look in rear view mirrors while merging, or people speeding up to try and overtake one car before lanes merge, YOU ONLY GET ONE CAR FURTHER IN FRONT ..IDIOT
3. People that cannot stay in one lane until they need to exit and hop between trying to get in a faster moving lane, which just slows down ALL the traffic

Not to say that i am the best or most experienced driver, but at least i am cautious and dont drive around with my head up my arse thinking i am the only one on the road

ok,well I may be redeemable then.

I do indicate, and in the three second time frame at least.

I not only look in the rear vision mirror when merging, I also look behind me, and use the side mirror.

I won't comment on No.3 except to say "No comment, on the grounds that I may incriminate myself." :eek:ccasion14

david86

Bronze Member
I could go on for ages - so here is a copy/paste of a post I made on a car club form....

Drivers who won't pull as far as possible into the right hand side of a lane or centre median area in order to turn right, but who instead just prop in the right lane and block off normal traffic flow (eg: main roads going through the suburbs where you have that red strip of bitumen down the middle).

Those who cut across the apex of dual lane roundabouts, instead of holding parallel lanes.

Drivers who pull suddenly to the extreme right of a lane in order to give themselves space to make a left turn, thereby transmitting entirely the wrong cues to following traffic.

Inconsiderate swines who hog the outside lane when there is nothing to pass and an empty lane ahead of them on the inside, and/or sit 2km/h under the limit while doing so and/or who don't understand what mirrors are for and/or who ignore all signals from following traffic to move over or speed up, and/or who then express fury when passed.

Smokers (No offence to anyone who my smoke here). I've lost count of the time I have been close to getting cleaned up because of someone who does not have proper control of their steering wheel because of a cigarette between their fingers. I think it's as dangerous as using a phone whilst driving.

Slow-witted drivers in front of you and with the reaction time of a foetus, who set off from a green light five minutes after it has ceased being red.

Rude pigs who don't bother to indicate their thanks when you extend them some courtesy.

Drivers with faulty brake lights/headlights or other obvious defects which are not only putting their safety on the line, but everyone else's.

/end of essay.

Fudd

Foundation Member
...saw a documentary on drivers using their phones whilst driving. There were 2 independant studies (one conducted in the UK and the other in the USA) and both had similar outcomes.

They put drivers (both men & women) through a serious of driving tests (designed to test reactions) whilst sober and with no distracrtions. Their results were tabulated for use as a benchmark. The drivers were then given a phone and were engaged in a conversation, answering questions (the questions were not disclosed beforehand) etc whilst doing the same driving tests. Again the results were tabulated and measured against the original results. Finally, the drivers were given alcohol and were put through the same driving tests and these results were also measured againt the drivers' original benchmark results.

The outcome showed that a driver using a phone whilst driving had similar reaction times as a driver who had a blood alcohol reading of approximately 0.07. Interesting.

Fudd :)

Happy2

Legend Member
Fudd If the reaction time is the same for a person who has had a few pots
as for for a person driving home having a chat with the wife I will take the booze