Australia - The lucky country.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
We have all heard it before, Australia - The lucky country or The land of opportunity.

I was talking to one of my massage friends a few weeks ago when she mentioned about how I`m so lucky to live here and I started to think to myself why is that?
What makes Australia so much better then another place?
What is it that people from NZ or England or Germany or Asia ect that makes people think that this is the best place to be living?
What is it about Australia that makes it so many think we are lucky and we are the land of opportunity?

chook

Silver Member
Most foreigners say that. It is not surprising they say this (as do people who often travel os) as this is the lucky country with good reason. Excellent weather, space, easygoing, good governance and stable politics and generally a tolerant society. Australia historically had the knack of being the right place and doing the right things at the right time which has made this country very wealthy, for example mining and China atm, wool in the 50s, wheat at the turn of the century. Most countries that focus on these commodities are generally third world, we've done very well withough having to try to hard.

T

Tania Admin

We have all heard it before, Australia - The lucky country or The land of opportunity.

I was talking to one of my massage friends a few weeks ago when she mentioned about how I`m so lucky to live here and I started to think to myself why is that?
What makes Australia so much better then another place?
What is it that people from NZ or England or Germany or Asia ect that makes people think that this is the best place to be living?
What is it about Australia that makes it so many think we are lucky and we are the land of opportunity?

We really do have a huge amount of freedom,,our country is beautiful, we aren't over populated, there are so many opportunites if you are willing to strive for them,,and Aussies are awesome :)

J

JasRob

Yes I'd say that I'm lucky to be living in this country. Freedom and good weather and so much more that I will never replace it to any country I've visited...:))

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Yes we are very lucky to live in such a great place, from our beautiful beaches to our vast country side.
There is so many great places to visit from the West to the Eastern states and so many places in between.
Along with some of the nicest Islands up Nth Q.L.D. to up Nth here in the West. Even though some places have changed over time i still think there are so many great places and people to see and visit.
I only hope those people that have gone thru the floods over the last 2yrs over East can put there lives back together and also to those people that have gone thru the fires over here.
None of us can predict what Mother Nature will throw our way, but the Australian spirit always shines thru to help one another in those hard times, that's another unique quality we have.