Are you thinking of attending any concerts this year?

svengali

Foundation Member
I have tickets for Tina Arena with W.A.S.O. at the Convention centre and Romeo and Juliette with the Australian Ballet. I will also probably go to opera in the Park, mainly because that is a freebie. Hafta work in at least one visit to the Quarry too.

Still waiting for something worthwhile and affordable at the new Heath Ledger Theatre as I have yet to see the inside of that and it looks like a nice venue.

As a side-note how silly are our licensing laws when the Police actually opposed a liquor licence for that place? I can just see a drunken mob of suited men and glammed-up ladies staging a drunken brawl after watching some Shakespeare...... Besides, at theatre bars you are lucky if you manage to get one drink.

Demon

Legend Member
I have tickets for Tina Arena with W.A.S.O. at the Convention centre and Romeo and Juliette with the Australian Ballet. I will also probably go to opera in the Park, mainly because that is a freebie. Hafta work in at least one visit to the Quarry too.

Still waiting for something worthwhile and affordable at the new Heath Ledger Theatre as I have yet to see the inside of that and it looks like a nice venue.

As a side-note how silly are our licensing laws when the Police actually opposed a liquor licence for that place? I can just see a drunken mob of suited men and glammed-up ladies staging a drunken brawl after watching some Shakespeare...... Besides, at theatre bars you are lucky if you manage to get one drink.

That's because they think the general public is like their uneducated yobbos. Police are those who couldn't get a better job.

When I studied overseas we (international students) had as part of our induction an intro to safety by a senior police officer. One of the things I remember him saying was:

"The only difference between police and criminals is the uniform they wear."

This guy was a psycholgy graduate and referenced some work which had found that police and criminals had the same psychological profile [Bit like many arsonists are rejects from fire services].

Happy2

Legend Member
They maybe similar Demon But I would prefer Constable Smith to knock on my door Than Chopper read (If your reading this chopper Your a lovely man. Really!)

Demon

Legend Member
They maybe similar Demon But I would prefer Constable Smith to knock on my door Than Chopper read (If your reading this chopper Your a lovely man. Really!)

There are extreme criminals, but most criminals are run of the mill (not murders, or serious assault types). I am not referring to bent cops (these are rare). Just the mindset of most is similar to criminal mindset.

A

AlexandraSilk

So rockset is Roxette from early 90's?

OH MY GOSH! Shows you how big a fan I am!
Yes, Roxette. He he.

There is a bar at the Heath Ledger Theater. On the two occasions I have attended a play there I bought wine. The wine list is rather average, but you can purchase wine and beer all the same.

S

sapete

Anyone planning to attend any concerts in 2012? If so, which ones.

I'm in Adelaide. So would like to go see. Roxette, Duran Duran and of course the original Riverdance(Not necessarily in that order:laughing4).

N

nicuma

summadayze perth and soundwave in sydney.

hopefully be lucky and meet up with anyone to hang out or hook up ;)

G

Ghost Protocol

I'm in Adelaide. So would like to go see. Roxette, Duran Duran and of course the original Riverdance(Not necessarily in that order:laughing4).

im sorry SAPETE , but i am also an adelaide boy , when you said "riverdance" my "gaydar" just went off !!:laughing4

as for Roxette , has she really still got the look ???????? at 55 ?
:notworthy
j

David_San

Gold Member
I'm going to Big Day Out but I'm a bit pissed about the venue change and no hilltop hoods & Kayne West having to pull out.

A

Alecia the Foxx

Little River Band, and the Doobie brothers are playing in Taupo, NZ on Waitangi day, a couple of hours drive from me. I'll be there :eek:ccasion14

htb57

Silver Member
as for Roxette , has she really still got the look ???????? at 55 ?
:notworthy

Did you know she is recovering from a brain tumour.
Gutsy lady