Are you selfish??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Does anybody think of you as being selfish??
I was over at a friends place recently enjoying a good cup of coffee with some biscuits when the lady I was keeping company with put 4 of them to the side, curious I asked why and she explained that it was so that each of the kids could have 2 when they got home. Very sweet of her.
Had it been me, I probably would have eaten the whole packet. After all, if they didn`t know the biscuits were there then they can`t say they wanted any.

Given some circumstances is it ok to think of your self only??
For instance, if your sharing a house with someone and there`s only enough milk for 1 coffee, would should get to use it??

What if you were very hungry and wanted to eat pizza??

What if your with a group of mates down at the pub and it seems whenever it a certain persons time to buy the round, he suddenly needs to go to the toilet just before??

W

wingman

I think I'd be offended if someone accused me of being selfish. I generally try to be the opposite.

C

colbb123

I think it depends on what we accept as the definition of 'selfishness'. It seems there are two generally accepted criteria which must both be met. 1) The action driven by the belief that it will result in personal gain or advancement AND 2) at the expense or disregard for others. I guess it's the second point that has given 'selfishness' such a bad name..... I can be selfish, sometimes I'm even aware of it:)

Happy2

Legend Member
What if your with a group of mates down at the pub and it seems whenever it a certain persons time to buy the round, he suddenly needs to go to the toilet just before??

Nearly every group has a bloke who wont buy in turn I know if there is more than just you and your mate we all put our $50 say in the centre and once its gone start all over If he goes for a slash he still buys.

T

that guy28

good strategy happy. I generally aim for jugs or keep a tally in my head. tricky question, i think we're all a bit selfish, we have to be. its evolution. But the important thing is what u do in turn for others

J

JasRob

Selfish sounds negative to many. But there are certain situations that you have to sometimes be reasonably selfish.

S

sexnut

Totally! I demand orgasms from the female in play :p I love it when a female is selfish and uses me for her delight. :la::love10::la::love10::notworthy

Rule of thumb - Share house: The person who uses it last buys some more. So if you use the last of the milk you go and buy some more so there is always milk available.

Happy2

Legend Member
Totally! I demand orgasms from the female in play :p I love it when a female is selfish and uses me for her delight. :la::love10::la::love10::notworthy

Rule of thumb - Share house: The person who uses it last buys some more. So if you use the last of the milk you go and buy some more so there is always milk available.

So hows that work sexnut? You have 1-200mls of rancid milk because no-one is going to finish the carton Why? coz there selfish sods you share with