ARE YOU A LUCKY OR UNLUCKY PERSON

• I feel I'm a lucky person

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I feel I'm an unlucky person

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Do you think of yourself as a lucky or unlucky person?

Does the difference between the two really just comes down to the lucky person is open to and takes opportunities as they arise (principle of people make their own luck), while the unlucky person does not?

Well, I came across intriguing video from you tube, exploring this notion, which I thought I would like to share as I'm sure it will also intrigue others here. In an experiment run over the course of 3 months, it starts with a spread of a rumor in a small country town in England, by asking the town folk whether they knew about the lucky dog statue in their town. In a series of small experiments, which culminates in one big experiment, it explores the idea of luck.

It's rather long, but its well worth the watch. ENJOY!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O4mN33w5Ftw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have also created a poll for fun.

Happy2

Legend Member
I have heard of a poster harvesting Mud Melons instead of grain
That come under Unlucky FB?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
There was that really successful book out a few years back called Secrets: the law of attraction, which worked on the idea, focusing on the power of positive thinking.

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Unlucky guys don't get to spend time with the ladies you enjoy.

Saige, Alex, etc :la::la::la:

I suppose then all of us can be lucky if we take the opportunity to spend time with Saige, and AS, rather than just fantasizing about it. JUST DO IT! :)

Demon

Legend Member
I suppose then all of us can be lucky if we take the opportunity to spend time with Saige, and AS, rather than just fantasizing about it. JUST DO IT! :)

We mostly make our own luck, which usually involves taking advantage of the opportunities which we come across.

Gary Player once said "The more I practice the luckier I get." (Or something like that - lucky bastard):la::la::la:

Happy2

Legend Member
We mostly make our own luck, which usually involves taking advantage of the opportunities which we come across.

Gary Player once said "The more I practice the luckier I get." (Or something like that - lucky bastard):la::la::la:

I have often heard that line Good to know who to attribute it to

W

WRXXXR

There was that really successful book out a few years back called Secrets: the law of attraction, which worked on the idea, focusing on the power of positive thinking.

I think Positive thoughts about a 10" dick, pagani zonda's and a 50ft Riviera but so far I'm not even close.

I'm not a lucky person but work hard / smart to get to where I want to be in life

Demon

Legend Member
I think Positive thoughts about a 10" dick, pagani zonda's and a 50ft Riviera but so far I'm not even close.

I'm not a lucky person but work hard / smart to get to where I want to be in life

No, not thinking positive only.

Thinking positive and 10,000 hours practice gets you to world standard. 5,000 gets you to a good standard.

Which is why most people are not 'lucky'. The work involved is not done.

asianguy77

Diamond Member

Thinking positive and 10,000 hours practice gets you to world standard. 5,000 gets you to a good standard.

Yes, positive thinking, which to me is like 'drive' is only the start to get the wheels in motion, which in turn requires hard work to maintain the momentum.

You don't see many successful procrastinators being successful. lol

Demon

Legend Member
Why is Australia often referred to as the 'lucky' country?

Donald Horne wrote a book about 1960 titled "The Lucky Country".

Basically said Australia had wonderful climate and resources, and run by second rate people (pollies and businessmen), so Australia's success was due to luck not ability.

Argentina was the same (one of the four richest countries [per capita] in 1900, along with Aust, NZ and US). Only Aust and US still in top 20.

Happy2

Legend Member
Coz we are damn lucky our forefathers decided to come here or even transported here (They may not have agreed though)
And of course the later arrivals If their lucky enough to have migrated her
Then there is the proper reason which is the Donald Horn(e)? book
The lucky country

W

WRXXXR

You mean to tell me I've only got to think positive thoughts for 10,000 hours and I'll be rockin 5 million worth of toys?? I'm happy to forego a 10" dick if I can get a Zonda R!!

W

wingman

I don't believe in luck. No one is neither lucky nor unlucky. They have the things they have because they made the right decisions. Or they go without because they made the wrong decisions.

Demon

Legend Member
I don't believe in luck. No one is neither lucky nor unlucky. They have the things they have because they made the right decisions. Or they go without because they made the wrong decisions.

That is the point behind Gary Player's comment.

Luck does occur, but it is what you do with it that determines whether it is good or bad. Your preparation and practice is an important part of what you are able to do with it, including the ability to notice the luck, and see its possibilities.

P

Peter

L= learn and
U= understand and
C= control your
K= knowledge to your best advantage

I was taught you make your own luck!!!

P

Peter

Do you think of yourself as a lucky or unlucky person?

Does the difference between the two really just comes down to the lucky person is open to and takes opportunities as they arise (principle of people make their own luck), while the unlucky person does not?

Well, I came across intriguing video from you tube, exploring this notion, which I thought I would like to share as I'm sure it will also intrigue others here. In an experiment run over the course of 3 months, it starts with a spread of a rumor in a small country town in England, by asking the town folk whether they knew about the lucky dog statue in their town. In a series of small experiments, which culminates in one big experiment, it explores the idea of luck.

It's rather long, but its well worth the watch. ENJOY!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O4mN33w5Ftw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have also created a poll for fun.

Amazing video, ,,,,,,,,:notworthy could you please pm me the link? ty