Are the Eagles cursed?

JJames

Bronze Member
Looks like the Eagles are cursed with injuries, what can be done to help the boys out?

doob

Legend Member
Two young West Coast Eagles girl supporters walk into a David Jones store, walk up to
the perfume counter and pick up a sample bottle. Shazza sprays it on her
wrist
and smells it: "That's quite nice, innit, don't ya fink, Debbie?"

Yeah, what's it called?"

"Viens a moi."

"VIENS A MOI, what the fuck does that mean?"

At this stage the assistant offers some help. "Viens a moi, ladies, is
French for "come to me".

Shazza takes another sniff and offers her arm to Debbie, saying, "That
doesn't smell like come to me, does that smell like come to you,
Debbie?"

doob

Legend Member
How many West Coast players does it take to change a light bulb?
Seven - one to change it, five to moan about it and make
excuses and Adam Simpson to say that if the umpire had done
his job in the first place the light bulb would never have
gone out

dino222

Bronze Member
How many West Coast players does it take to change a light bulb?
Seven - one to change it, five to moan about it and make
excuses and Adam Simpson to say that if the umpire had done
his job in the first place the light bulb would never have
gone out
None, they all sit around in the dark and talk about how bright the last light bulb was

Uncle Bobby

Diamond Member
I've been a supporter from the start . They can only get better from here on in . Definitely don't think it's the coaches fault . You can only work with what you have .

Same here my blood has blue and gold in it.

I reckon thereā€™s something in our new training facility, the ground and turf is very hard and compacted
Takes a toll

Obbie

Legend Member

I reckon thereā€™s something in our new training facility, the ground and turf is very hard and compacted
Takes a toll
Also some seem broken down before they get here . First pre season and they fall in a big heap .

aaron.lee

Legend Member

Takes a toll
They moved to Lathlian Park in 2019 and the injury list keeps growing.
Similar story with Perth Demons who currently have 5 players out for the season, 4 with knee injuries. Their last grand final was when TV was in black and white.
Something is not right about the ground.

Smythie

Money makes the world go around
Gold Member
They moved to Lathlian Park in 2019 and the injury list keeps growing.
Similar story with Perth Demons who currently have 5 players out for the season, 4 with knee injuries. Their last grand final was when TV was in black and white.
Something is not right about the ground.
I agree with you. Didnt the manager who was in charge of players fitness and health no longer there. But they still are not performing.
If players like Darling or Gaff were traded to another club and started performing well, what would that say?

aaron.lee

Legend Member
I agree with you. Didnt the manager who was in charge of players fitness and health no longer there. But they still are not performing.
If players like Darling or Gaff were traded to another club and started performing well, what would that say?
Move them on. Re Build. Takes 3 years and we will be competitive.

No idea what to do

Legend Member
Give em a break Guy's and Gal's

they have won more premierships in the short term history since 1986 than any other team. (5)
we all need a re-build and time to make it happen
Dorkers haven't won any
šŸø The FrenchmanšŸø

doob

Legend Member
If we go by your statement doob, GC have been playing the rebuild tune for 12 years, Essendon for 23 years, Nth Melbourne for 24 years, Carlton for 28 Years and St Kilda for 57 years. Our 5 year build is looking good my friend!!
Looks like the Eagles are building... downwards. And it was a response to Aaron who said it'll take them 3 years from a rebuild to be competitive.

Smythie

Money makes the world go around
Gold Member
They need to improve their goal kicking accuracy. They had more behinds than both the Giants and Bulldogs. Kicking straighter would at least reduce the margin and increase their percentage.

Coaches get the blame. Story of NBL coach Trevor Gleeson. Sacked by Melb Tigers.
Joined Perth Wildcats. Coach for 8 seasons, 6 grand finals, 5 championships (one of the championships was against Melb).

Last edited:

doob

Legend Member
Bring back Ron Alexander. Polly Farmer. Mick Malthouse. Mal Brown. David Wirrapanda. That'll give 'em what for!!! And of course, John K Wattsie! And who can forget Doozer Hughes!!!! Oh my god! How could I possibly forget Bill Dempsey and Jimmy Anderson!

Last edited:

doob

Legend Member
Bring back Helen D'Amico! Phwoah! Almost went blind watching replays of the 1982 Grand Final!

doob

Legend Member
Q: What do Tasmanians and Cocaine have in common?

A: They both f*** Cousins