• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Another great name shakes off this mortal coil

Happy2

Legend Member
Mohammed Ali passed away aged 74
Muhammad-Ali-vs-Sonny-Liston.jpg

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Jesus That was quick, ABC 24 only mentioned that this morning as breaking news that he was in Hospital.

We all have to go one one day... RIP.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
No matter what one thinks of boxing as a sport, he was a class act.

This song was a favourite of mine four decades ago. :)

AndyRew00

Hercules
Diamond Member
No matter what one thinks of boxing as a sport, he was a class act.

This song was a favourite of mine four decades ago. :)

Mate your exactly correct, without question he was indeed a class act. Very unique in almost everything I would imagine. I take my hat of to the man...

Happy2

Legend Member
As His XLNC said no matter your view on boxing (I'm anti)
You have to admire the man

I guess his toughest fight apart from Parkinson's must have been with the draft board Saying no to going to Vietnam must have been a true test of his beliefs

Trickortreat

Gold Member
As His XLNC said no matter your view on boxing (I'm anti)
You have to admire the man

I guess his toughest fight apart from Parkinson's must have been with the draft board Saying no to going to Vietnam must have been a true test of his beliefs
Aint no vietcong eva called me nigger

Parsival

Silver Member
Mohammed Ali passed away aged 74
Muhammad-Ali-vs-Sonny-Liston.jpg
Famous photo of Ali standing over Sonny Liston (I believe). He is actually quoted as yelling "get up, I'm not done with you yet" or words to that effect. The raw brutality, aggression, class, skill, physical courage, humanity and beauty in one man's life. Simply remarkable. RIP

A

ampmassageboy

He became far more and far better after the boxing career ended not that he wasn't the greatest boxer that ever lived, but his work for others that came after is his legacy.