• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Android OS upgrade 5.1.1 Can anyone help??

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Hi has anyone updated to this new OS? Especially if you use a Note 4. I have heard mixed reviews and I cannot afford for my phone to go AWOL.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated :)

MrBig

Diamond Member
I'm always nervous doing software updates. I always ensure I have backed up all my critical data by multiple methods. (I've still the older Note 3 running it's latest 4.4.2 - so can't advise further, sorry and good luck)

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I'm not sure it's that new. My communicator has 6.0 now but would've had 5.1.1 in the past couple of years, without any problems. Fortunately, I have never had any issues with Android upgrades (unlike iOS), but I do not have a Note.

pjmc

Gold Member
Hi has anyone updated to this new OS? Especially if you use a Note 4. I have heard mixed reviews and I cannot afford for my phone to go AWOL.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated :)

Yoda, I've got the exact same phone and upgraded to 5.1.1 as soon as it came out. If anything, it fixes the phone. Its much quicker now... faster camera.. faster multi task button. No dramas at all

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Yoda, I've got the exact same phone and upgraded to 5.1.1 as soon as it came out. If anything, it fixes the phone. Its much quicker now... faster camera.. faster multi task button. No dramas at all

So you did not have to do a factory reset or anything?