• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

And now for something completely different no. 6

C

Contrarian

Spicy tomato soup

I add the following which you might consider:
1 heaped tsp of chilli powder and pepper each - I do this to go the tomato soup an extra kick.
5 fresh diced tomatoes
And yes, I'm a big lover of onions and garlic!!

INGREDIENTS

1 tbs olive oil
2 onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbs tomato paste
2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
Natural yoghurt or cream.

Method
Step 1
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic, chilli, spices and tomato paste, and stir for a further minute.
Step 2
Add tomatoes, lentils and stock, and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Step 3
Puree the soup in a blender, in batches, until smooth (add 1/2 cup (125ml) water if soup is too thick).
Step 4
Return to the saucepan and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place over medium heat and stir until warmed through. Ladle soup among serving bowls and swirl in a spoonful of yoghurt to serve.

In winter goes great with warmed up french bread or garlic bread.

Dallas

Legend Member
Looks like a good recipe by the way but is there a variety that waxes rather than adds hair? That would be a winner! :)

C

Contrarian

I could give you more than one but it won't involve a stove. It could make you dishier than you already are :D