• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

An eye for an eye...

honestman

Gold Member
Only under my opinion - that is an extreme case account of (more towards) the more uneven interpretation and belief behind that saying.

I am saying uneven because it all depends upon the socio-political environment/geography you're in. The more that environment collectively believes and support in the extreme beliefs (of either left or right) then the interpretation of what is "fair" is most likely skewed and distorted.

Thus, coming from my own interpretation of how I've been raised for understanding that saying - I believe the case example is far too extreme. I certainly do not condone extreme violence as lawful punishments, but I do not believe in over-forgiveness either.

I personally believe that establishing a concrete law of an eye for an eye is still indeed important in a world of justice. But considering that the rapist himself honestly admitted and gave himself in - all that punishment in return is simply unthinkable. The sheer bias behind some of the Facebook replies/comments are certainly disturbing.

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
I'll be the bad guy here and go eye for an eye and in some cases a leg and a kidney too. I'm not going to justify my reasons or personal code, I certainly don't run around hacking people up but I wouldn't bat an eyelid for the situation mentioned above.

svengali

Foundation Member
Yep, I am with you, Tania.

What happened to this guy is barbaric but there is a certain justice about it in that he probably experienced the same helplessness and terror as his young victim did.

I wonder if the Police knew what would happen to him and decided a little extra-judicial punishment was in order?

W

wr3xr

Yep, pedos and rapists deserve everything they get. Don't kill them, make them wish they were dead everyday. This is a perfect example of that

They knew what they were doing is wrong so fuck em

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
he got what he deserved, the child had no idea what was happening, and they always grow up doing the same as. they do not realise what had happened to them, was wrong and should never have happened. and so the cycle continues .

karma is a bitch and payback is worse

we as adults are meant to protect the young until they have been educated in the wright way life is .

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
A consensual theme of karma seems to be appearing here.

Here's a thought. ......

The pedophile created some karma. He went through a bad experience which may or may not be karma. All the people that acted violently towards the pedophile created some karma for themselves. To be glad the pedophile is suffering or to wish him suffering will create karma.

I choose to just see it and have no opinion.....but send a kind thought to the child and his family.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
i do believe in karma but in the case of pedophilia karma is wrong. the chain needs to stop to save the children of this terrible action

honestman

Gold Member
A consensual theme of karma seems to be appearing here.

Here's a thought. ......

The pedophile created some karma. He went through a bad experience which may or may not be karma. All the people that acted violently towards the pedophile created some karma for themselves. To be glad the pedophile is suffering or to wish him suffering will create karma.

I choose to just see it and have no opinion.....but send a kind thought to the child and his family.

For the first time, I admit I agree with Yoda.

Again, hard for anyone to swallow this - but we are all amply shaped by the society that brought us our understanding of what "justice" means. We contradict ourselves over what is immediately wrong and consider the most linear and isolated approach to control structural violence; more often than not - only by its' surface presentation of such a person and what he/she presently does.

I believe what he's trying to say is that "karma" is universal. It exists before and after all forms of judgment. At times I felt really good to just be able to imagine; on the surface level - some people (whom have hassled and ridiculed me to the bone) to suffer the same weight of implication as they did to mine, but I also cannot help but notice that "other" problems, either related or not related to this chain of thought as well as outside of these chain of events - just relentlessly appear in front of me. Thus I have to remind myself to accept that life is ultimately is given "as is".

I believe it all goes back to the historical human unmet needs. I am a firm believer that no matter how vile the crime a person committed - history about that person's unmet needs more or often than not - either unfullfilled, ignored or both. Especially when this happened at a young age when anyone just started to learn and feel about the world.

Anyway back to this, it's hard to give an opinion but we can only observe what is happening but not tolerating ourselves enough in understanding why this and that exists.

D

Driver Harry

Interesting article and feedback, he got butt jacked so he got off easy IMO.
Two in the back of the head would be my preferred punishment.
Two wrongs don't make a right.... But three lefts do

Reactions: Dez

svengali

Foundation Member
I think this gentleman says it far more eloquently than I can:

Yep, it is Kahlil Gibran again, on crime and punishment. Very profound if you have the patience to read it and reflect upon it.

Link is broken so has been taken down

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wr3xr

Yoda, you're looking at it wrong. Pedo suffers bad karma, blokes doing the damage receive good karma. They might get some extra soup with their prison grub.

Reactions: Dez

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Yoda, you're looking at it wrong. Pedo suffers bad karma, blokes doing the damage receive good karma. They might get some extra soup with their prison grub.
I see what you are trying to say.

T

Tania Admin

Wow, how horrible!

The people who did this are just as much animals as him. I was molested, I believe Capital Punishment should be brought back, but these acts of barbarism lower those doing it to the same level as the original perpetrator.
In some instances an eye for an eye definitely, but becoming the person who would take revenge or justice into their hands in this way would be awful, to think it's ok and carry it out to me says they aren't nice on the inside (soul wise) either.

sunyun

Legend Member
I am with Tania.

What the 'Professor' did was unpardonable, but what the other prisoners did was almost as bad. I understand that they may have seen it as 'justice', but the difference between the law and the criminal is that the law does not deal in revenge.

My best solution would have been a bullet in the back of the head so that he never does it again, there is a message to all other potential pedophiles to beware and not start, and society does not have to put up with this lowlife in the future.

I have read how, in jail, the Birnies (couple in WA who lured young girls into their car, tortured them, raped them repeatedly, then killed them and buried them while videoing it all !) became peer group leaders in jail and even had to be moved to break their hold over other prisoners, etc. They had the gall to protest to the courts that they were being treated badly ! IMO both should have had a bullet to the back of the head after their conviction.

I am not into revenge, but I am into cleansing the gene pool. Murderers, rapists, child molesters should all be put down, not as revenge, but sadly, in a understanding that the safety of society is more important than the life of one lowlife.

Happy2

Legend Member
I do agree jail is not an appropriate sentence for such a crime
But all this talk of prison justice I find hypocritical I mean whats the bet some of the , lets call them prison vigilantes, are also in for horrendous crimes And second whats the bet they either enjoyed themselves when attacking a fellow monster or got caught up in humanities other flaw Mob rule( or is it blood lust?)

R

Reggie

These people are animals and I've never seen a medical professional that says they can be cured, they are just wired wrong and therefore should be locked away from good people forever. Having said that, an eye for an eye leaves both blinded. As tempting as it is to say that sickos should be put down, I am always concerned about that one innocent person that gets put down, and it does happen.