• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

America and its ceiling debt

TheCock

Legend Member
Not sure on current proceedings, what do you think will happen if America faults on its debts?

Do you think they would even let that happen?

SAO26.2

Wiink. I'll Do the Rest
Gold Member
There's a chance it will happen, I'm afraid. Last week I didnt believe it could, but that Tea Party crowd seems hellbent to punish everyone. They are just crazy and ignorant enough to do it.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
The last time they almost defaulted, things came good in the last minute. It's like a plane diving nose down, just metres before hitting the ground, some one yank the yoke and the plane went on its happy course and landed smoothly.

This time is different with the mix of the shutdown into the picture. Shutdown and debt ceiling can be tricky.

SAO26.2

Wiink. I'll Do the Rest
Gold Member
In the past both sides knew better than to let default happen, so it was just a matter of finding a solution, and they waited til the last moment pushing each other to give a little more. But this time there are people who want a default, and the weak party leaders cant control them. The odds of default go higher every day.