• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Amanda Knox

Lingham

Diamond Member
At the same time that Shapelle looks like getting parole in Bali, an Italian court has reimposed a guilty verdict on Amanda. Both cases have received enormous publicity and polarized opinion. I have read extensively about both Shapelle and Amanda and I can't decide whether or not either is guilty. The case against Amanda certainly seemed to me to be badly handled by the Italian police and court, but maybe that is because I'm looking at it from an Australian perspective.

W

Wayne Kerr

Well you are doing better than me I've never heard of Amanda Knox.

When it comes to news and gossip I'm miles behind.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- The Italian courts have been very far, there way of justice is somewhat different from ours.
I have to agree with you, both cases are interesting.
Cheers and Pass the Rum

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- The Italian courts have been very far, there way of justice is somewhat different from ours.
I have to agree with you, both cases are interesting.
Cheers and Pass the Rum

Lingham

Diamond Member
I do like to keep abreast of news and current affairs, WK. Amanda is the American girl who (allegedly) murdered her English room mate, Meredith, in Perugia, Italy. She was arrested, tried, found guilty, imprisoned, had her sentence overturned and has now been resentenced. She returned to America on her release, and I'll be surprised if the Americans allow the Italians to extradite her so they can put her back in prison. American public opinion is very much on Amanda's side.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
american law say you cannot try a person for the same crime twice ,like the Italians did with her

Lingham

Diamond Member
Yes, the principle of double jeopardy prevents a retrial after an acquittal. It willl be interesting to follow the legal arguments.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
I do like to keep abreast of news and current affairs, WK. Amanda is the American girl who (allegedly) murdered her English room mate, Meredith, in Perugia, Italy. She was arrested, tried, found guilty, imprisoned, had her sentence overturned and has now been resentenced. She returned to America on her release, and I'll be surprised if the Americans allow the Italians to extradite her so they can put her back in prison. American public opinion is very much on Amanda's side.

If the Italians want her the Yanks will hand her over public opinion is not LAW.

scarlett lee

Gold Member
Yes, the principle of double jeopardy prevents a retrial after an acquittal. It willl be interesting to follow the legal arguments.
There is a point there but remember that in Italy she was FIRST found guilty, then innocent and now guilty again. Also interesting that of all the Australians and Americans who have been convicted in foreign countries ( rightly or wrongly) over the last dozen years or so, media attention has focused on Schapelle and Amanda Knox. Could it have anything to do with them being attractive young women I wonder ? :rolleyes:

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
;););)
Definately an attractive young woman in any naughty shenanigans
whether it be to do with drugs, murder or sex
from any part of the world -
it always makes for good headlines....

polly4bed

Gold Member
i'm not into girls as much as i'm into my bf but amanda knox is pretty i would like to know her :D

Lingham

Diamond Member
Yes, Polly, she is pretty...and pretty horny as well from what I've read. Her nickname at school was Foxy Knoxy, but she says that was because of her soccer skills, not her sexual skills.
Question is: Did she murder her room mate? That's a question that looks can't answer, though some say the fact she is attractive biased the Italian court against her.

polly4bed

Gold Member
Yes, Polly, she is pretty...and pretty horny as well from what I've read. Her nickname at school was Foxy Knoxy, but she says that was because of her soccer skills, not her sexual skills.
Question is: Did she murder her room mate? That's a question that looks can't answer, though some say the fact she is attractive biased the Italian court against her.

its impossible not to be horny at school coz so many guys that some in every room will be attractive *gulp*