Age just a number?

T

Tania Admin

Would you really want to live this long?

Name,,,,Sex,,,,Born,,,,,Died,,,,,Age,,,,Country

1 Jeanne Calment F Born 21 February 1875 4 August 1997 122 yrs, 164 days France

2 Sarah Knauss F Born 24 September 1880 30 December 1999 119 years, 97 days United States

3 Lucy Hannah F Born 16 July 1875 Died 21 March 1993 117 years, 248 days United States

4 Marie-Louise Meilleur F Born 29 August 1880 Died 16 April 1998 117 years, 230 days Canada

5 María Capovilla F Born 14 September 1889 Died 27 August 2006 116 years, 347 days Ecuador

6 Tane Ikai F Born 18 January 1879 Died 12 July 1995 116 years, 175 days Japan

7 Elizabeth Bolden F Born 15 August 1890 Died 11 December 2006 116 years, 118 days United States

8 Besse Cooper F Born 26 August 1896 Died 4 December 2012 116 years, 100 days United States

9 Jiroemon Kimura[ M Born 19 April 1897 STILL LIVING 116 years, 8 days Japan

10 Maggie Barnes F Born 6 March 1882 Died 19 January 1998 115 years, 319 days United States

Seeing the world change so much, for good and for bad,,I really don't think I would want to live to 122. I guess if you still had your wits about you and physically you were ok (obviously you would still require some help), it wouldn't be so bad,,or would it?

Dallas

Legend Member
I'd be happy to provided I could still surf and have sex for a few hours a day, but in reality by the time you're 122 you would have spent a very long time being a spectator.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Is it really just a number? in Asian countries it might be ,judging by the many couples of western men in their later 50's and asian ladies in their 20's here in Australia try finding a guy in his 50's dating a 20something young lady

no i dont want to live to that age

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Provided my bank account churns out free $$$ then living longer is a good thang.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy, why would you wish to live so long????????????? Imagine this;-- You Arrrrrr sentenced to life in imprisonment by a judge, and you live to 120 years, in a prison.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Life imprisonment in aus = 25 years or so. - so you have 80 odd years to live on, provided you have lots of $$$ to enjoy after you get outta jail.

C

colzilla

As long as I outlive my mother. Then I'll think about dying... I'll be going out with a BANG.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
WOW that is impressive especially when I look at their birth dates and what they went through during their life without modern medicine, two world wars and the devastating consequences, no modern technology to start with, no botox or other modern youth remedies........etc.
I wonder what they actually thought of the modern world looking back on more than a 100 years of super fast development.

However.......no thanks. I am quite happy to bite the dust before the big 100.......at some stage enough is enough ;)

R.xxxxxxxx

SAO26.2

Wiink. I'll Do the Rest
Gold Member
I'm shooting for the parachute to fail while I'm skydiving on my 100th birthday.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I wanna see the day when aliens truly lands on earth and I could greet them Vulcan style...lol...I will show em where our leaders are...

Dallas

Legend Member
I wanna see the day when aliens truly lands on earth and I could greet them Vulcan style...lol...I will show em where our leaders are...

Well if they do Homer and they look nice you might wanna practice up on this Vulcan technique for speed dating :)

vulcan-breast-meld-spock-startrek-b.jpg

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Thanks Dallas, vulcan breast meld it is, or is that their milking technique. Milk it the Vulcan way, it's logical in a non-logic sense.