• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Aaaargh How Frustrating! Thanks Sue!

T

Tania Admin

Okay, so I get called in to do a relief shift at Langtrees. All good.
Would have slept for part of the day if I had known I was working, but when the call came I was prepared (2 cans of Mother), that's the joy of relief work,,it's at a moments notice,,,all good.
I'm working with Sue,,,all good.
I've got a handle on things ,,,all good.
THEN......
After 3am Windows decides to do an update,,,all good.
Recovery screen for my recon comes up,,,all good.
I press recover,,,,,,All good,,,,,
NOT!
Where have the last 10 bookings gone on my recovery sheet?..
Hated to do it, but call Sue at her desk,,,"Ummm Windows did an update, I cant find the last 10 bookings on my recon"
"That's ok Tania,,think,,,,,I know you will sort it"
All good
Client comes back, left his wallet, all good,,it was in the room he had been in...
Clients flowing through the door, still trying to sort the recon, figured a couple of the missing bookings out,,,
More clients,,,stress level rising,,, put new bookings on recon,,,
Still can't find the other's,,,,hummph
More clients coming in,,,,Oh No!
AND THEN I HAD TO DO IT,,
IT PAINED ME,,,
I HATE ASKING FOR HELP,,,

I pick up the phone and dial the back office,,,
"Sue I need help"
Like I said, I hate asking for help,,,but,,Shite Happens,,,
Sue was out like a flash,,
More clients coming through the door,
Trying to sort recon,
A couple of rude clients at the counter,
Sue soon sorted them,,
More clients coming and going,,,,,
OMG!
Needless to say the recon was sorted,
But What a stressful moment,,
Was expecting Sue to be shitty at me,
But she was all good, "Don't stress Tania, things happen, it's all lessons learnt, you will be fine next time"
I have managed the counter on some crazy weekends in the past with no problems.
Remember this is my first night back handling the front desk on my own (as such) for over a year,
And I had to ask for help aaarrrgh!
(I hate asking for help, much to my darling husband @naughty thoughts consternation.)

Thank you again Sue :)

I am now sipping a wine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tania Admin

Looks like you were Microshafted. Try the penguin for a change, lol. Linux your workplace for fwee...
Microshafted,,,more like majorshafted lol
My hubby swears by Linux,,but when he installed it on my lap top at home it rejected it lol
You must be a nerd Homeboy, Linux is a nerd thing apparently!

P.s. Nerds rock! :)

Kirra Bell

Little bad girl
Diamond Member
Okay, so I get called in to do a relief shift at Langtrees. All good.
Would have slept for part of the day if I had known I was working, but when the call came I was prepared (2 cans of Mother), that's the joy of relief work,,it's at a moments notice,,,all good.
I'm working with Sue,,,all good.
I've got a handle on things ,,,all good.
THEN......
After 3am Windows decides to do an update,,,all good.
Recovery screen for my recon comes up,,,all good.
I press recover,,,,,,All good,,,,,
NOT!
Where have the last 10 bookings gone on my recovery sheet?..
Hated to do it, but call Sue at her desk,,,"Ummm Windows did an update, I cant find the last 10 bookings on my recon"
"That's ok Tania,,think,,,,,I know you will sort it"
All good
Client comes back, left his wallet, all good,,it was in the room he had been in...
Clients flowing through the door, still trying to sort the recon, figured a couple of the missing bookings out,,,
More clients,,,stress level rising,,, put new bookings on recon,,,
Still can't find the other's,,,,hummph
More clients coming in,,,,Oh No!
AND THEN I HAD TO DO IT,,
IT PAINED ME,,,
I HATE ASKING FOR HELP,,,

I pick up the phone and dial the back office,,,
"Sue I need help"
Like I said, I hate asking for help,,,but,,Shite Happens,,,
Sue was out like a flash,,
More clients coming through the door,
Trying to sort recon,
A couple of rude clients at the counter,
Sue soon sorted them,,
More clients coming and going,,,,,
OMG!
Needless to say the recon was sorted,
But What a stressful moment,,
Was expecting Sue to be shitty at me,
But she was all good, "Don't stress Tania, things happen, it's all lessons learnt, you will be fine next time"
I have managed the counter on some crazy weekends in the past with no problems.
Remember this is my first night back handling the front desk on my own (as such) for over a year,
And I had to ask for help aaarrrgh!
(I hate asking for help, much to my darling husband @naughty thoughts consternation.)

Thank you again Sue :)

I am now sipping a wine :)
SO THAT'S why she was calling me at nearly 5am. This crazy girl was snoooooozzzzing long and hard, with a kitten on my face. (Apparently she belives mum doesn't need to breathe or anything. LOL)

T

Tania Admin

Hey Tania
It is always good to get a kerb ball thrown into the game ...
You did a good job....
Hope the bottle shop opened early.......
Thanks for the relief work......
Ms Sue
PS... I not always a Bit@@......... Only when necessary........
:):):):)
No I waited until this afternoon,,,,only slept for 4 hours with school and I'm on babysitter duty tonight (Yes it's my birthday but responsibility and paybacks are the norm :),,,I will splat that ball next time :)

JUST WATCH ME! blits that curve ball.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Microshafted,,,more like majorshafted lol
My hubby swears by Linux,,but when he installed it on my lap top at home it rejected it lol
You must be a nerd Homeboy, Linux is a nerd thing apparently!

P.s. Nerds rock! :)

Nerds win! for sure...yay! I can't say I am not one. lol...As nerdy as I am I despise programming, scripting...etc. I only use it. You must have a very new and modern laptop. Linux can run on very old pc and still be ok. The only issue with Linux is, it's open source and free to public. Hence, no commercial company will endorse it and write software drivers for it.

107090_01_Lg.jpg

Believe it or not, Apple's own iOS, is based on a version of Linux.

The main reason for me to ditch Windows is 1st of all it's buggy, it's very vulnerable to virus, malware spy ware and the lot. It's easier for them hackers to write virus code for Windows than Linux. I haven't bothered with anti-virus on my linux machine, though I am looking into setting up a firewall/proxy/content filtering server. Why pay for an operating system that attracts virus while you can get one virus free and free of charge. lol...
And then there's these scam callers that cold call you on a Saturday morning telling you, you have viruses on your windows pc and try to let them have access to your pc...etc.

I could leave my Linux pc on for weeks without rebooting.

cheers,
Nerd out.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Umm Homer I understood absolutely bugger all of that And that was in laymans terms to wasn't it ?

It was H2...in lamen terms. Anyway to put it in perspective...

Window$ = $ you pay = virus you pay for with your $...$ ka-ching. Endless reboots, crashes, bluescreens and curses. And viruses you don't know you have and spyware, malware crept into your system without you knowing.

Linux = Fwee to public, FWEE!!! It's a dirty word in the world of Microshaft...you pay nothing for it. Just download it, copy it to a cd and install it on your pc. Less likely chance of viruses, malware.

Sherry

Legend Member
Don't worry Tania-I came in last Thursday night thinking I was helping on reception only to find out I was reception! Luckily I had Sue here with me so it was all good. A great way to learn this getting thrown in! Sure you had it all under control-hopefully get a chance to work with you soon xx

TheRoamingEyeball

Gold Member
I know it doesn't compare to a night shift but my first really busy graveyard was madness! I was amused at how there would be a brief lull and my brain would throw something at me I needed to do. A bright side is that when you're nonstop it goes by pretty quickly! :D

R

Raye@Langtrees

Hey Tania
It is always good to get a kerb ball thrown into the game ...
You did a good job....
Hope the bottle shop opened early.......
Thanks for the relief work......
Ms Sue
PS... I not always a Bit@@......... Only when necessary........
:):):):)

image.jpg