A time when NOT everyone deserved to be referred to as a diva

B

BigBlackCock

I was lucky enough to have a father who appreciated Ike and Tina Turner in the 60s. I remember seeing this on telly as a child and even then thought that Tina Turner simply crapped all over Cher with the stunning voice. Of course only Cissy (Thelma) Houston, Bessie Smith and Aretha Franklin were in the same league.

All said and done, this Cher and Tina act is pure class especially when you consider TV shows didn't have the wide range of synthesized musical instruments and special effects to detract from what good singing essentially is - the beauty of the human voice against a background of well played musical instruments.

Check it out. Pure, understated talent. Shame the 70s were years of loss for Tina due to Ike.

Link is broken, so taken down.

Unfortunately now, just about every singer with 2 number one hits gets called a diva when they don't deserve such a reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
When Ike was beating her yes... apparently they were both drug dependent for a number of years. I don't think she sounds the same because of it..Just like Whitney!:police:

svengali

Foundation Member
It seems to be an occupational hazard for musical stars:

*Amy Winehouse
*Janis Joplin
*Whitney Houston
*Florence Ballard
*Kurt Cobain
*Liam Gallagher (o.k.; still alive but a waste of talent)

Good that our Aussie girls like Kylie, Dannii, Natalie Imbruglia and Tina Arena can make it big without letting it go to their heads.

B

BigBlackCock

Kylie did admit she took ecstacy with Michael Hutchence when they were an item. I hope they are all as clean as they may seem now.