A particular dinner date.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I got a call from a past fling about meeting for dinner. She is leaving the country for good. So I agreed and I took her out for steak.

That particular day I had someone else on my mind that I cared about a lot more. There was some misunderstanding I had to clear up.

In the end the dinner date was boring as I was not present. I ordered her a dessert she wanted. Paid for dinner. Made sure she had a way to get home. Hugged her goodbye and left her there as I told her I had to go.

Guys and girls did I do a really rude?

Give me an opinion......

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Whaaaaat? You didn't invite her to your humble abode for one last cup of coffee?

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- I would say;- your behaviour was off a Gentleman
Cheers and Pass the Rum

Madam Tracey

Cyclone Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
You behaved like a good friend, and I guess that's what your relationship has transformed into....a good friendship ( well on your part). There in lies a potential problem if she was hoping you were going to deliver more than just steak on a plate. If you were both truly honest no problem.

A

Astro

.. Surprised you went ahead with the date knowing that your mind will be per-occupied..

I supposed you were TRYING to be a good friend but remember what you said Yoda

"Do, or do not, There is no try."

if you have a mean to contact her outside of the country, I would suggest an apology.. and the next move will her's.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Sounds like you were gentlemanly, but by not being "present" you would have not given her what she wanted....
but don't worry - I'd think like the tatoo says "No regerts"....

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Guess I would have called it off. Kindness sometimes causes more pain than being straight up. Rather a short "shock" than a long "strange" dinner.
However I don't know what the lady expected. Maybe she just wanted somebody to pay for her dinner :rolleyes:

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
Sounds like it might have felt really awkward? If she didn't give you any indication she was after more than just dinner I think you behaved well enough.

W

wr3xr

Surely I can't be the only guy on here who thinks you should have given her what she wanted. One way return ticket is a get out of jail free card:)

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
:chicken:
sometimes all she may have wanted was to say " good bye"
"Glad we are friends"
"& thanks for dinner & the great dessert!"

"& P/S what about one last :dead::kiss::yawn: for the road?"

pity you were pre occupied YODA

Purple Haze

Purple Haze
Silver Member
Goodbye flings don't go for dinner :) Well not in public anyway :) Sorry Yoda you are just a too nice man

L

Lord Spikey

Yoda; I think you can guess my opinion.
If I am right, based on the little narrative you provided, you basically got up and walked out on her. Imagine her embarrassment.

Do you honestly think that this was the honourable thing to do? The Jedi thing to do? Hmmm.