A little gripe

magrov

Diamond Member
So I will hold a door open for anybody, regardless of gender, age etc. Today I was walking through a door with a middle aged woman close behind me so I held the door open for her.

She stopped and blasted me for being sexist. She is perfectly capable of opening her own doors and doesn't need a man to "protect" her.

After promptly closing the door in her face she opened it and gave me another serve for being rude. She stormed off leaving me in a rare situation of being dumb struck.

End rant.

svengali

Foundation Member
I have heard of this happening but have never experienced it. Surely holding a door rather than letting it swing back into someone else, male or female is nothing more than good manners??

You must have caught your "lady" on a bad day.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
So I will hold a door open for anybody, regardless of gender, age etc. Today I was walking through a door with a middle aged woman close behind me so I held the door open for her.

She stopped and blasted me for being sexist. She is perfectly capable of opening her own doors and doesn't need a man to "protect" her.

After promptly closing the door in her face she opened it and gave me another serve for being rude. She stormed off leaving me in a rare situation of being dumb struck.

End rant.

Hahaha haha haha

Don't hold it against her. She must be having a shitty day....

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
I would hold a door open for anyone, man woman or child if they were following close behind. Not for any reason, thanks or qudos.

Madam Tracey

Cyclone Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
this is a reflection of you Magrov...you have manners and she does not. Feminists like that set the cause backwards. I love having doors opened for me....especially if I'm not being thrown out of somewhere.
Keep the good work up don't let your manners slide. X

Happy2

Legend Member
I took the train from bullcreek Monday and I was the only person to give my seat up for a pregnant lady The train was full of youngsters They never even considered it
As for opening the door If I am first their then its automatic to hold it for the person behind Its common courtesy As Sven said
But I have got the snotty look from some women for holding the door I guess maybe there is a difference between being a modern woman and a feminist?

honestman

Gold Member
Happened a lot more often than I realise on wednesday nights at FF balga. Held the front door for up to two minutes and all I hear is just footsteps and saw not a single evidence of a smile from the ladies. well, such is life.

Bobofunk

Gold Member
I hate it when this sort of thing happens to me. But I hate it even more when you hold the door for someone and then they let it slam on the person behind them! Or they just ignore you and walk past leaving you to hold the door for the next person. The problem is that common decency isn't all that common anymore, so a lot of people just don't recognise it when they see it.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member

End rant.

You were in the wrong Magrov , What should have happen is that You being a unflappable gentleman should have continued to hold open the door and then when she had entered the building compliment her bottom . .

Miss Chloe

A Sensual & Kinky Affair
Diamond Member
I love it when men open door for me or offer to carry bags. I rarely take them up on carrying anything but I really appreciate the offer. I don't mind being treated a little differently and I don't think it has anything to do with being sexist. It's just respect. I do the same for the elderly. I'm sure they are capable of opening doors themselves but I'll do it for them out of respect.

Happy2

Legend Member
I do that ask the time, offer to carry bags for old people.. and then I run! Old people are terrible chaser...!! :)

Maybe you will steal from the wrong oldie Maybe a Cliff Young type He may not catch you in the first 50 Kilometres but by the 600th He'll have Gotcha

scarlett lee

Gold Member

End rant.
I believe the only response you can give in such a situation is to explain that you didn't hold the door because she is a lady, rather, you did it because you are a GENTLEMAN!
Keep up the good work Magrov, some of us still appreciate a little gallantry in our lives. :kiss: